Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: TonyMoly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream


I know, I'm incredibly late in getting into the CC cream scene. Even though they were a rage the last time I stepped into Myeongdong, I didn't stock up properly like I should have! Stupid! I have since tried samples of Etude House, IOPE, and Holika's CC creams and wondered what was I thinking!? MARCH. In March I will grab you all. ALL OF YOU.
Of course by then there'll be GG or even QQ creams and I'll be once again, so behind in the trends of the latest and greatest.
 ~sigh~

Product Info:
Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream (Whew that's a mouthful~)
SPF 30 PA++
50ml





















Where to get it:
TonyMoly Stores: ₩15,000
KoreaDepart: 14.29
W2Beauty: 17.99 (Normally 19.99)
Pretty&Cute: 20.00
Sasa: 29.50
MomoMango: 29.99

Description:
7 Free Formula
Parabens, Benzophenone, Talc, Mineral Oil, Organic Pigment, Sulfate Surfactant
7 in 1 smart all-in-one cream
Whitening+wrinkle improvement+UV+radiance+moisturizer+primer+base makeup
Capsule changes color to make your own skin tone (CC = Color Change) as soon as applied to create a radiant looking skin. Creates smooth and moisturized skin
All in one smart cream that takes care of skin care and makeup while also moisturizing the skin, lasts for hours.
Pink flower complex nourishes the skin, to create a luxurious and bright looking skin.





















Claims:
-Corrects Skin Tone
-UV Protection
-Wrinkle Care
-Primer
-Whitening
-Moisturizes

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide (Cl 77947), Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin,Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Niacinamide, Methylpropanediol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Centella Asiatica Extract, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Rosa Hybrid Flower Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Safflower Seed Oil, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Acacia Seyal Gum Extract, Squalane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tribehenin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Polyester-1, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Retinol, Linoleic Acid, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dilinoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Cholesterol, Propylene Glycol, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Oleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Brassica Campestris Sterols, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides (Cl 77492), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Iron Oxides (Cl 77499)






















Scent:
The ingredient list has both cherry blossom and rose flower extracts added in, which is exactly what this smells like (like HEAVEN). It also reminds me a bit of gardenias as well. If you do not like floral scents, I would avoid this product. The scent is not very powerful straight out of the bottle, but it does linger for quite a while. I've caught random whiffs of this during the day while turning my head or so, but I personally enjoy when products smell amazing. It has a fragrance actually added in towards the end of the ingredient list, so if you're sensitive to added fragrances or allergic, again, avoid this product.

Packaging:
I've learned by now that there isn't a "standard" TonyMoly product packaging for the bottles or the boxes that they come in. I actually enjoy that as they all look quite different on my shelf and make it a bit more colorful. Not to say standard packaging isn't enjoyable, I just like a variety!
The actual box is very simple in color as the entire thing is all white, a black bottom, silver print of it's pureness as well as some sparkles, and black print in both English and Korean. I figure since this CC cream is promoting itself as "pure," that this might be the reason for a simple white box. It's a thought anyways~ As usual, the Korean lists more in depth instructions, what this product does, and what is not included (ingredients). Although I do appreciate when there's English instructions as well as an ingredient list, I just wish they'd also include all the fun facts that they also list in English as well. I might just get too spoiled though. Hmm..
The black and white theme passes along to the bottle but a bit in reverse; where as the box had a black bottom, the bottle has a black cap. It's a very firm cap and doesn't just fall off at the slightest touch, which is something I'm very thankful towards TM for. They do have great packaging!  This bottle has the same silver lettering and glitter for it's "pure aura" and the rest of the labeling is in a plain black font. The manufacturing date is on the bottom of the bottle, which is pretty standard.
Once the cap is popped off, it's a very simple pump to which you press down and product is dispersed. The product comes out a bit slowly, so I never worry if I press too hard that I'll be wasting product. My only gripe is that since it is a pump and the product is white, that it always looks like it's dirty.























Swatch: 
As usual with a lot of CC creams, this product is white when pumped out of the bottle, but changes color (hence CC) once it oxidizes to match the tone and color of your skin. The only thing that makes this a bit different from other CC creams I have is that this one has little specks of color inside. It's contains black, red, and yellow bubbles of pigment inside the cream that burst once touched to help correct redness, brighten the complexion, and hide imperfections.


















Results:
The cream itself starts out pretty thick and once it starts to oxidize I feel it turns a bit creamier in texture, which makes it a lot easier to blend into the skin. The color oxidizes to my exact shade (for once!) and definitely brightens my entire complexion. It also leaves a wonderful dewy/moist finish which helps to appear younger. It can be layered to help cover imperfections and dark circles, but I feel it can only be layered so much. I mean this cream meant to correct the complexion, not cover. If you feel that you have a lot of acne, dark circles, or other things you'd like to cover, I'd head over to a BB cream.
I use this on days that I have zero blemishes and my dark circles are within coverage range, or when I'm in a rush and just want something on my face so I don't look like a zombie. I've also just slapped on some concealer as well to help boost the perfect skin look, or applied this on top of my BB cream to help brighten the entire face. This can be used as a primer or your base as well, so feel free to use this to brighten and then add some BB cream on top to cover what you'd like. I've used this as a primer, as a CC cream alone, as well as adding it on top of a BB cream and I've never had a problem with creasing or build up. After taking this off, I do feel like my face has had a moisturizer on instead of a "foundation." It does work really well at moisturizing which my dry skin definitely appreciates. I also enjoy that this CC cream is on the lower end of the price range without sacrificing coverage or adding in extra chemicals.
As for the claims of whitening or wrinkle care...I can't really touch on that. I'm already fairly pale have minimal acne scarring that I'm already using products for, also the ingredient that is mainly used for whitening in this cream, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate? It's very low towards the end of the list. I mean, after constant use you may see some lightening of pigmentation, but I wouldn't expect this to lighten the entire complexion.
This CC cream has several floral extracts, oils, as well as Niacinamide which are all used for anti-aging or to help "smooth" the skin out. So I could see how it would help with the effects of aging while used in conjunction with skin care products, but on it's own I wouldn't expect wonders.

Pros:
-Moisturizing
-Satisfying coverage
-Brightens complexion
-Fairly inexpensive stateside
-Dewy complexion

Cons:
-The bottle can look dirty if not cleaned after use





















Rating: 9/10
I really enjoy this CC cream, even compared to some of the more pricier ones that were being offered at the time. I feel that this is more budget friendly and does it's job of color correcting very well. It has satisfying coverage, doesn't flake or cake up, and is perfect for everyday use. Again, the price is pretty good as it's not too different from purchasing it in Seoul to anywhere in America. I bought mine when there wasn't really any good deals going on, so it's a difference of 6 bucks which isn't that bad. It's usually a difference of 10+ and that's when it gets sad. I believe right now TM is doing a 1+1 sale with this CC cream.
For those of you who aren't aware of what 1+1 sales are....they are AMAZING. It's one item plus another free and is quite common when buying face masks or eye shadows. I didn't really see a lot of deals with BB or CC creams until now. I BELIEVE (this isn't 100% sure!) it's buy the CC cream and get a facial mist for free. So, those who are close to a TM store or those who have access of buying directly from TM should stock up!

No comments:

Post a Comment