Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Lieole Secret Pore Rich Balm


I'd received several samples of this balm and absolutely loved it and squeezed every last drop out of it that I could before it dried out (resealable samples, please!), so when I saw this in store I knew I had to grab it and see if it was just the samples that were amazing, or if it was the actual product.

Product Info:
Lieole Secret Pore Rich Balm
5g

















Where to get it:
So, the reason for double links is that there are two sizes: 5g and 20g.
WBeauty2: (20) 27.79
Pretty&Cute: (5) 7.50
Pretty&Cute: (20) 27.90
LieoleTexas: (5) 7.50
Lioele Texas: (20) 27.90
KoreaDepart: 30.45

Description:
"Pressed balm primer with great coverage of enlarged pore, lines, or skin imperfections. Specialized in sebum control. Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm is a smooth photo finish primer. It helps minimize pores and fine lines allowing skin to become soft and smooth for an improved foundation/bb cream application. The balm contains new technology to diffuse light by mattifying the face to reduce shine, so foundation/bb cream application can be easier to apply and last even longer. It is made of various ingredients that can increase skin elasticity for a firmer and more youthful appearance."

Claims:
-Covers pores, lines, and imperfections
-Oil Control
-Mattifying finish
-Smooths skin for easier canvas for foundation
-Firms skin

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Silica, Cyclomethicone, Ceresin, Cetyl Ethylhexaoate, Polysilicone-11, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Ceteareth-6 Olivate, Butylapraben, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Arachidonate

















Scent:
It has a very sweet rose, floral scent, which is not heavy and is wonderful to smell all day. Although it's not a heavy scent, it does last for quite a while on the skin.

Packaging:
The balm comes in a thick plastic jar which actually looks very pretty on my shelf. It almost looks like glass which I really like and enjoy. It's clear so you can see how much product you have left, and also allows the Lioele logo and carriage to shine through. The top is decorated in the usual bright pink checkerboard pattern which Lioele is known for. Again, the thick plastic that it's made of makes it very durable and nice to throw in my purse. I never fear of it breaking! It also has a protective cover that keeps the product from drying out. You can of course, remove it and just put the lid on, but it's nice to have this extra layer.



















Swatch:
It starts out as a thick creamy powdery substance and glides effortlessly onto the face and does cover pores and fine lines very easily. Since I only have smile lines, I'm not too sure how well this would cover more deeply set lines and wrinkles.


















Results:
This balm does cover fine lines and pores very well, although I'm not sure the photos do it justice. I let it set for a few moments to kind of dry or sink in, otherwise it tends to roll off with the foundation I just put on. Also, you only need to use a little bit to cover the entire face, so even the smallest jar will last quite a long time. I do not have oily skin, so I'm not too sure how well it controls oil. I mean, I've also used this balm to kind of town down a glossy BB cream I have, so I can understand how it might work if you have problems with oily skin. It also makes the skin so soft and smooth! It helps the foundation application so much easier as it helps it glide right on. I've worn a full face of makeup with this as a primer and had it last all day with hardly any touch ups at all, which is always much appreciated. My only complaint is that this can be quite expensive for a full size, which is almost $30! Ouch. Whenever I tap my finger into the jar a bunch of it will kind of pop out, so I definitely have to be careful when trying to get product out.

Pros:
-Wonderful scent
-Covers pores and fine lines
-Matte finish
-Long lasting
-Helps foundation stay and not budge

Cons:
-Expensive
-Can roll of quite easily if it's not left to "dry"

















Rating: 8/10
As much as I do really love the scent and finish of this primer, as well as how long it lasts...the price just kind of kills me. It does work really well, but for literally a few dollars more I can "splurge" and buy Benefit's Porefessional which I am quite fond of, and it also has a few more ounces of product than the Lioele. I can see myself buying another small jar as they are quite cute and work well, but I don't think it'd be something i'd go out of my way to grab. I'd ask for a sample or two to see if it really works well for you or not as I've heard some people absolutely LOVING it or can't stand the feeling. I would personally recommend this for someone who wants to fill in pores or wants a nice, even canvas to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment