Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review: The Faceshop Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes



I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I avoided all the 900 thousand Faceshop's the last time I was in Seoul. I don't remember them being really packed, which is my usual reason to avoid a shop, so I have no idea what I was thinking. I mean, I took a bunch of photos of 김현중 (Kim Hyun-Joong) every time I passed a store, and they all had flashing 50% off sales in all the windows. Oi self  T_____T
I finally stopped inside a FS while in Dongdaemun market and it was sad! They were rebuilding it, so they had small pieces of wood laying down to cover the holes in the floor. I tried to wobble all around, but kind of avoided a lot of the areas where i'd have to walk across planks. I looked basically at shadows, grabbed a few things, and left. Stupid! Some of the shadows I grabbed were totally out of my usual range as well. I blame Jung Saemmool and all her use of  light gorgeous shimmery shadows!

Product Info:
The Faceshop
Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes 05 "Sand Brown"
Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes 19 "Hawaii Pink"
1.6g


















Where to get it:
The Faceshop: ₩3500 (50% as well, so I think they came to...$1.50-2?)
RoseRoseShop: 3.12
KoreaDepart: 4.57
W2Beauty: 6.89

Description:
Silicon coating power leaves moisturizing and smooth touch without flakes.
Silky touch texture enhances adherence.
Jewel-like glowing pearl that delivers transparent and sophisticated shimmer.
Sebum control powder absorbs sebum to remain for hours.

Claims:
-Glides on smoothly
-Staying power
-Soft texture
-Pigmented
-Controls oil

Ingredients:
Mica (CL 77019), Talk, Titanium Oxide (CL 77891), Glass, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Phynyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Silica, Diisostearyl Malate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxysterarate/Hexasterate/Hexarosinate, Octyldodecyl Steroyl Sterarate, Isosteraryl Neopenatanoate, Polybutene, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl, Methoxycinnamate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide (CL 77861), Phenoxyethanol, Mythylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Silver (CL 77820), Iron Oxides (CL 77492), Iron Oides (CL 77491), Red (CL 15850:1), Carmine (Cl 75470)

















Scent:
None

Packaging:
The shadow is tucked into a clear acrylic case so you can see the pan and exactly how much shadow you have, and how much you have left. The back has a FS sticker showing you the collection name, the shade, bar code, who manufactures it, customer service number, and where their headquarters are located. The expiration date is also printed on the back (I have 3 years to use this shadow? Challenge accepted!). When you peel back the sticker, it shows the ingredient list in English and a warning in Korean. Odd. Since I got the Today Is All Night Party shadows, it shows a mustache on the front with the "TIANP" on front, followed by the name of the line. I remember seeing these come out in America and knew I'd have to grab a pink mustache for a friend. I have NO idea why that's such a huge trend stateside as I wasn't here when it started. Someone please explain this to me?

LOOK AT THE GLITTER.


Just...LOOK at it!

Sand Brown

Hawaii Pink

So Pretty~

My camera wouldn't capture just how beautiful these are!



























































































Swatch:
The Sand Brown is anything but the brown or sandy looking. It's a BEAUTIFUL dark gold color with tons of gold glitter pigments. I bought this shade on a whim as almost all the colors I bought in Korea were pink, white, or silver, so why not something new? Hawaii Pink was a gift for a friend that I grabbed another for myself as the pink was pretty. When I opened it, it reminded me of NARS' Orgasm as it's light pink, yet has gold and pink glitter particles in it. I've used it as a shadow, blush, and highlight. It works well for an all around awesome shadow.

All that glitter~
The left swatches are dry, right is applied wet with no primer





















Results:
Since I hadn't heard much about FS eye shadows I only bought a few, and also got them on my last day in Seoul so when I did play around with them and discover their awesomeness, it was too late to hit up a store (I didn't know they had FS's in Incheon!). So I didn't get to see about their mattes, shimmers, or other glitter shadows (I'm totally eyeing that bright glitter blue!). Again, I've used them dry and wet, and they perform beautifully and haven't dried up or dried out at all. I always use a primer before putting shadows on, and these last ALL day with the glitter still on! I've slightly tapped the Sand Brown on over Half Baked just to add some sparkle to it, and oddly...the glitter lasted longer than the shadow O_o

Pros:
-Blends in with other colors beautifully
-Gorgeous shimmer and glitter shades
-Stays on until I wash them off
-Super pigmented

Cons:
-I didn't buy enough...





















Rating:
10/10
I used to use my Half Baked (Urban Decay) as my main gold color, but it always seemed to be lacking something. Sparkle, deeper color, pigment? Something. Sand Brown has become my new gold and I reach for it constantly anytime I want to do a smokey eye, transition color, or add some glitter to a look. Hawaii Pink is the perfect transition color, highlight, blush, and shadow. Next time you're near a FS, I really recommend picking up a few....or all of them!

*Translation
If any defects of product found, we may compensate based on "Standard of consumer dispute resolution" notified by Fair Trade Commission.
This product has been developed as a world-readable (Global Standard Product) product of The Face Shop

Ahem...
Now for the eye candy~~


No comments:

Post a Comment