Saturday, June 21, 2014

Review: Skin79 Rose Moisture Mask


While browsing around Pretty&Cute, I noticed Skin79 had come out with some new masks and as soon as I saw the rose one I just knew I needed it! It smells like roses and the product contains small pieces of rose petals in it. So luxurious! The Sales Associate there mentioned if I liked it to rush back in ASAP as Skin79 was discontinuing it due to the costs. Apparently the cost of the ingredients wasn't very cost effective for the type of product? It seems to be available only on Pretty&Cute right now which is such a bummer!

Product Info:
Skin79
Rose Moisture Mask
75 ml

Where to get it:
Pretty&Cute: 14.00

Description: 
Skin79 Rose Moisture Mask is a soothing mask that makes your skin feel moisturized and relieved with its excellent rose ingredient moisturizing effect. It is a wash off type mask with petals of rose ingredients that even out your skin tone and refresh the skin. The rose aroma enhances pleasantness when using extracts from cucumber and aloe make your skin feel soft and moisturized

Saved from Skin79's website when this was still on it
Claims:
-Moisturizes skin
-Evens out skin tone
-Refreshes skin
-Softens skin

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Alcohol Denat., Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cellulose gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Triethanolamine, Benzophenone-5, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 17200, CI 42090


Scent:
It smells faintly of roses when you open the lid, but even more so when it's applied on the face. When it's washed off the scent does not linger, sadly.

Packaging:
Like the other "Home Self Spa Masks," this one too comes in a solid frosted glass jar with a screw off lid. It does come with a small plastic spatula so you can use that to grab product instead of using your fingers and contaminating the product. I make sure to wash my spatula each time just in case! I really like how they carried the theme of pink to the box as well. The title is written in pink as well as the inside of the box. The box has a mix of English and Korean, where as the inside has directions in Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English. That makes me super happy!






It mentions the actual ingredients and how much is in it.*

Spatula!
Void sticker when you peel off the security tape

Swatch: 
At first it just looks like a simple jiggly gel (I always jiggle mine like jello...I have way too much fun), but when you touch it to apply it to the face you'll notice it's actually quite thick! I was surprised the first few times as I wasn't expecting it to feel like that. It's easy to apply to the face and does thin out evenly, it doesn't glob up or start drying super quickly. I would recommend tying your hair up, pinning it back or using whatever necessary to get your hair out of the way as this stuff stays sticky the entire 10-25 minutes or however long you use it for.



All those dots are the petal flakes, pretty cool huh!?
It also makes your skin turn an odd shade of pink...
Results: 
It does provide moisture and hydrate but about ten minutes after it's been washed off I need to apply another moisturizer as I can feel my skin slightly drying out. This isn't a big deal as I'm not expecting hydration all day but it is slightly irritating as this only happens when I use this. If I just went on my merry way throughout the day and didn't apply anything (blasphemy, I know), my skin would never feel this dry. My skin isn't really uneven in any way so I can't comment on if it evens out skin tone. All in all, it does hydrate but the feeling doesn't last. I use about a quarter size amount for my face, which I thought at first was quite a lot but seeing as the jar is still almost full and I've had it for a *while,* that's not bad!

Pros:
-Smells wonderful
-Feels nice and cooling on the skin
-Moisturizes for a while
-Little product is needed

Cons:
-Seems to only be available on Pretty&Cute
-Moisturizing feeling doesn't last


Rating: 4/10
While it smells great and feels great, the whole purpose of this mask is to hydrate... Which it doesn't. I like slathering my face in pretty rose petal goo but I wish I could see some results from it. Seeing as I've had it for a while and use this bad boy once a week (I have a ridiculous amount of wash off masks >.>) it has lasted quite a while which is good. I just wish it lived more to it's name than relying on gimmicks. Perhaps this is why only P&C sells it now.

Ps. Thinking of starting a Naver blog in only Korean...yay? Nay?


*Translation
Main Ingredients:
Rosa Centifolia Flower Water 1.5%, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI42090), Triethanolamine

No comments:

Post a Comment