Monday, June 9, 2014

Review: The Face Shop Natural SunAQ Power Long-Lasting Sun Cream (SPF45,PA+++)

Update on life: I'm working on a slightly larger blog post, so sorry that I've been less than attentive than normal. I'm still continuing on with my AmorePacific series, but I got some samples in the mail the other day, tried one of them out for a few days and I immediately had to write this up. Sadly, I broke my phone (it had the photos on it) beyond repair or use so I had to wait until my camera batteries would finish charging (I'm really bad at charging things). I then got super sick. -.- Needless to say, this post is a week past due...But I'm back!

 I've been using the same sun screens for quite a while and like them well enough, I just wanted to find something better or at least cheaper! So I ended up ordering quite a few samples of some sunscreens since it's starting to get a lot warmer here to see if I could find a Holy Grail! Needless to say, I did not.

Product Info:
The Face Shop
Natural SunAQ Power Long-Lasting Sun Cream (SPF45,PA+++)
1ml/0.03floz. (sample size)

Where to get it:
Sample:
TesterKorea: 10 packets for ₩2,000 (1.96)
Cosmetic-Love: 3 packets for $3.45

Full size: 
KoreaDepart: 12.00
TesterKorea: ₩16,900 (16.61)
MoMoMango: 21.99


Description:
"The Face Shop's Natural Sun AQ (Absolute Quality) Power Long Lasting Sun Cream (with Super Antioxidant Acaiberry), is a premium waterproof sun cream suitable for all skin types with an SPF 45 rating and PA rating of +++. This sun cream is made from natural plant extracts such as rhubarb plant, argan tree seed and blue sea kale extracts with a groundbreaking technology. It does not only protect skin by blocking UVA and UVB for a long time effect outdoors but also against water, sweat and sebum. To help keep skin healthy from ultraviolet rays it also contains natural botanical ingredients and acai berry known to be very high antioxidant properties"

Claims:
-For All Skin Types
-Protects against UVA/UVB
-Sweat and oil resistant
-Waterproof

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methicone, Panthenol, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Exract, Zinc Stearate, Alanyl Glutamine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Nylon-12, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Poncirus Trifoliata Fruit Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carbomer, Rheum Undulatium Root/Stalk/Stem Extract, Alcohol, Argania Spinosa Kernal Extract, Crambe Martimia Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Mica, Alumina, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Fragrance, Citral, Limonene, Linalool


Scent:
It's a very light floral (rose?) scent that lingers only while putting it on but once the cream has been massaged into the skin it goes away. It's an absolute lovely scent and isn't overpowering at all but it is an added fragrance, so for those of you who are allergic or sensitive to it, I would stay away.

Packaging:
Since this is a sample I can't really comment on how well the packaging itself performs. It explains what it is and shows the ingredients which is all in English. Good enough for me! It also mentions where the corporate headquarters are located as well as their website, for those who are interested in visiting and perhaps doing some online shopping.

Swatch: 
The product itself is beige and quite matte looking, almost like a BB cream.

This was all one packet.
I didn't apply it on my hand fast enough and flakes are forming
This stuff is ridiculously light
Results:
When applying it onto the skin it does appear to be a bit too light for my skin (NW10-15 depending on the season) and turns almost pinkish...Which is a bit frustrating but oddly enough it provides some coverage. It comes out quite thin but when applying it thickens up and tends to dry super fast, so you need to apply only in small amounts or it'll get patchy. It also dries super sticky and tends to stay looking super oily throughout the day. I normally prefer the dewy look as I have dry skin but this was way too much for me. After a few hours of applying it, it got to be too much and I stopped at a near by gas station and washed it off.

I've heard that it's really great to use as a primer so I tried that with the next bit that was left (there wasn't much, even for a sample) and honestly? It was horrible. Again, I have dry skin, so I've never had to worry about my makeup sliding off or melting during the day even when it was super hot and humid outside. Except when I wore this. It was the most disgusting feeling ever and I kept having to apply powder to keep my BB cream from leaking off my face, so much by the end of the day it was just a cakey, gross mess. I guess it at least worked as I didn't get sun burnt either of those days (I was in 100+ weather)? Since it didn't perform very well on its own, I didn't bother testing it out in the water...but I seriously doubt this could be waterproof.

Pros:
-Has faint amount of coverage
-Works as a sub block

Cons:
-Makes my skin too pale
-Thickens up while applying
-Dries up *very* quickly
-Makes my skin oily looking (not oil resistant at all)
-As a primer it melts my makeup off

Rating: 1/10
This stuff was honestly the worst sunblock I've ever tried. I thought it was super weird that when I applied it, that it would dry out super fast and cause dry patches but wearing it would turn my face into an oil slick. I'm happy I only got samples and don't have to bother about trying to find someone to give this to or worry about tossing it as I just spent money to buy it. I didn't notice it mentioning if it was good for a specific skin type but I can't imagine it being good for oily or combo skin since it was absolutely horrid on dry skin. Definitely would not recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment