Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: AmorePacific Treatment Cleansing Foam


This review might be a bit odd from my normal ones. Usually I have the full sized items and can tell you how long they last and show you the packaging for them. This one actually came in a mini-set with three other items so you can test and see if you really like it before making the large purchase. I received this set as a gratis piece for winning a fragrance contest and I would like to make that clear right now that I did not actually purchase this. I will be making a review on each of the items and summarize the box and if it's worth in the end!

Today we'll focus on the first step in this box (Yes, I totally did this out of order too. Go self! -.-), the Cleansing Foam.

Product Info:
AmorePacific Treatment Cleansing Foam
아모레퍼시픽 트리트먼트 클렌징 폼
1.0fl oz, 30ml

Where to get it:
AmorePacific Mall: ₩39,000 (38.08 as of 6/1/14)
AmorePacific: 50.00
Nordstrom: 50.00
Neiman Marcus: 50.00
Sephora: 50.00 (They have yearly BI/VIB coupons that could lower it anywhere from 15-20%)

Description:
"A sulfate-free, non-drying, foaming cleanser that effectively removes impurities and makeup while providing antioxidant and antibacterial protection for the skin.
Micro-spheres of Vitamin E burst as the foaming cleanser is massaged over the face, bathing the skin in a purifying antioxidant complex with detoxifying and protective benefits. It also works brilliantly as a shaving foam."


Claims:
-Non-Drying Cleanser
-Removes impurities and makeup
-Provides antioxidant and antibacterial protection
-Works as a shaving foam

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, PEG-8, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-32, PEG/PPG-25/30 Copolymer, Sorbitol, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Lactose, Disodium Edta, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose, Alcohol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Olive Oil PEG-8 Esters,Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Triclosan, Phosphatidylcholine, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Peg-14m, PEG-5 Rapeseed Sterol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Ultramarines (CI 77007)

This box is the biggest pain to take photos of. Period.
There are a few triggers in here such as: Myristic Acid (3/5 for acne; common saturated fatty acid) and Lauric Acid (4/5 for acne; saturated fatty acid). There are quite a few products such as PEGs, Triclosan (anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent) and some pigments that are lower on the CosDNA's safety rating...but honestly I'm not too worried as you're slathering it on but almost immediately washing it off (although I guess the same goes for the hydration and extract properties!). If you have sensitive skin you may want to try a sample of this first before diving straight into a purchase.

Scent:
If you've ever smelled 212 Carolina Herrera For Women, that is exactly what this line smells like. It also has a hint of baby powder and green tea added to it. It has added fragrance in the ingredients, so if you are sensitive or are not a fan of either of those smells then I would avoid it. I personally find the smell to be absolutely divine and wish Amore would just release a fragrance already.

Packaging:
They deluxe sample and the full size have the exact same look to the packaging except the full size has a lid that you can pop open whereas the deluxe needs to have the top unscrewed to access the cleansing foam. It's nothing fancy or as classy as the peel but I kind of like it's simplicity. Once the lid is unscrewed, it has a nozzle where you simply squeeze the tube to release product from. I like the nozzle as you can get all of the cleanser out and once closed it doesn't leak out extra product onto the lid. I really dislike messy products -.-






Swatch:
As you can see, you only need the smallest amount of water to activate the product and turn it into a super thick lather. Ignore the angry photo. I took like 20 and had to re-lather the face -.-




Rawr!
Results:
I've reviewed several cleansers as well as used tons more in my 20+ years and I have to say, this one is definitely at the very top if not one of the best I've ever used. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and is able to remove almost all of my makeup (my eyeliner not so much but I'm not about to use it on my waterline ;D) but I always use an oil cleanser before hand so it's not a big deal anyways. I love the fact that the smallest amount is more than enough to cover my entire face in a super rich later but it also leaves my skin smelling and feeling fresh. Whenever I experience irritation or breakout, I always go back to my basic routine, which includes this as the cleanser. It's helped soothe my skin and I feel that it helps with breakouts as well. I was curious about the shaving part so I lathered a bit on my legs and woaaah. My legs were so super smooth afterwards :3

Pros:
-Little product is needed
-Super hydrating
-Removes basic makeup
-Soothing to skin
-Can be used as a really, really expensive shaving foam

Cons:
-Full size can be expensive


Rating: 9/10
Aside from it being slightly expensive, this cleanser does everything I want and more. I love waking up and washing off any sleeping packs or my night regimen with this and then using it again later at night to remove my oil cleanser (or basic makeup). I know I mentioned it had quite a few triggers for acne or irritation but I've never found that to be true in my case. Actually, I find that whenever I break out (regardless of why) and go back to my basics, this helps my skin. I could just be crazy in love but I find that it does help a lot.

Please check out the reviews for the rest of the box:
Treatment Enzyme Peel
Treatment Toner (Alcohol-free Freshener)
Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel



Also! My friend Moi is having an Etude House giveaway on her blog, 35th of May...She does reviews on cosmetics, stores, skincare, her husband guest reviews as well mom. I adore her cat rating system! Plus, she has tons of awesome gifs. Seriously, they're kind of amazing. If you enter I wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment