Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Tony Moly Collagen Moisture BB Cream


I had previously mentioned losing a list of things I wanted to buy when I was heading over to Myeongdong, so I was quite at a lost when I entered Tony Moly and needed to start from scratch. I asked a Sales Associate about BB creams for dry skin and she walked me over to this one and asked me to try it out. Since the store was jam packed (it was night time on a Friday...derp) I really only got a chance to swatch it and smell it. Since the price wasn't bad at ₩15,000, I decided to grab one and a few other things while there.

Product Info:
Tony Moly Collagen Moisture BB Cream
50ml





















Where to get it:
KoreaDepart: 15.69
W2Beauty: 22.87

Description:
Nourishing BB cream that corrects the skin, moisturizes, smooths and covers imperfections of the skin. Restores radiance and elasticity.

**Translation on bottom



















Claims:
-Whitens
-Moisturizes
-Radiance
-Tones skin
-UV Protection

Ingredients:
Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Olivate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclo pentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Capryllic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Arbutin, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cammellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Colloidal Gold, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Lacendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Beeswax, Calcium Stearate, Ozokerite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isotearate, Hexyl Laurate, Trieithoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Adenosine, Methicone, Phytosteryl Isotearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499























Scent:
It's very similar to Florabotanica by Balenciaga. It smells like mint and carnations to me, with a hint of musk. It's a totally different smell for cosmetics, especially from Tony Moly. I'm so used to a floral or sweet scent that it threw me off when I first swatched it in store. It does wear off after a few minutes but if you are sensitive to strong or musky smells, I'd stay away.

Packaging:
Simple gold box with a metalic finish which transfers over to the tube, as it has the same labeling. It made me a bit sad as Tony Moly is usually one of the brands who does both Korean and English on their boxes, but this one is seriously lacking aside from the ingredients. They've also added in some Hanja which still confuses me greatly, but I guess it's a chance to learn!? The gold part around the pump actually scratches off quite easily and is partially gone in some areas. I do tend to drop things a bit, but this one looks like it's been through a washing machine O_o The cap comes off with the smallest amount of pressure, yet the pump is quite firm and sticks a bit which is kind of irritating actually.


















Swatch:
It comes out quite runny at first, but don't let that fool you. It dries out quite fast so you also need to work just as fast to distribute the product over the face. Since it is quite runny, a lot of product comes out all at once, so be careful on how much you pump out. It does have great coverage though and dries with a matte finish.



















Results:
It's got really nice coverage and doesn't leave behind a greasy feeling like a lot of my BB creams do, but I really am not a fan of the finish. I do have dry skin and informed the Sales Associate in the store of this and she recommended it to me as it's supposed to be really moisturizing, but I just don't see or feel it. It dries up very quickly, so work fast when you apply this or be prepared to use a moisturizer to help you move it around. After a few hours it starts to dry and flakes off when I use it alone, it also, makes fine lines and pores very visible when it dries out. If I mix it with the Appletox Honey Cream then I'm able to wear it for maybe half the day, but alone it just doesn't last. I can't use powder to set it as it's already so drying. but I have tried misting sprays, creams, and many different primers and nothing.
(Update 10/15/13) I actually have since found the awesome wonders of Skin79's Hydrating Water. I do a couple of spritzes throughout the day and it helps this BB cream last through the day.

Pros:
-Nice coverage
-Interesting smell

Cons:
-Very matte finish
-Dries very quickly
-Pump sticks a lot
-Product is runny, so a lot comes out
-Packaging is easily damaged





















Rating: 6/10
I do like the coverage it gives me but the finish is so matte that I need to add a very thick moisturizer to make it not dry and flake over the day which is very disappointing. I thought from the ingredients and name of the actual BB, that it would also be very moisturizing (hint...Moisturizing in the NAME), but alas it fails in that area. I'm quite upset with this as I do like the scent and coverage but it just refuses to work well with my skin. I'm still unsure if I would repurchase as I'd have to also keep purchasing the hydrating water mist, which in the US, is not cheap (actually, it's not really cheap in Korea either...eeek). Unless I can find a cheaper alternative to the Skin79, I'd probably not repurchase unless they were having an awesome sale.


**Translation:
Tony Moly Collagen Moiture BB Cream SPF45 PA+++
Whitening + Wrinkle Improvement + UV Protection (Triple Functioning Cosmetic)
Skin Irritation tested
Contains 40% Marine Water Collagen
Contains 4% Hyaluronic Acid Solution
6 (Free) Formula

Nourishing BB cream that corrects the skin, moisturizes, smooths and covers imperfections of the skin. Restores radiance and elasticity.

Step 1: Marine collagen to fill between skin layers help create smooth and resillent skin.
Step 2: 4% of Hyaluronic acid solution to give the skin better moisture retetion, improves skin tone helping to creating transparent clear and clean skin.
Step 3: PIDD System helps create a moisture layer to restore vitality to tired skin, and strengthen the foundation of the skin for healthy skin.

Volume: 50 ml
How to use: Take an appropriate amount along the skin gently to smooth out skin.
Efficacy: Helps in whitening of the skin, helps to improve wrinkles, and protect from UV rays.
Dosage: Take an appropriate amount of this product evenly spreading on the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment