Sunday, September 1, 2013

Review: Missha M B.B Boomer


I originally got quite a few of these as samples to try out when I bought my very first Perfect Cover BB cream and was really excited to get home asap. Oddly, I hated it the first time I wore it outside to work as I thought it faded off really fast and the smell irritated me and threw the rest of the samples away. A few weeks later I was cleaning my vanity and actually found another one I missed and figured since I'd run out of my Etude House Volumer, I'd give it another shot.
I'm SO glad I did

Product Info:
Missha M B.B Boomer
40 ml





















Where to get it:
KoreaDepart: 11.01
Missha: 14.00
W2Beauty: 17.76
Pretty&Cute: 19.49
YyleesSt: 20.00

Description:
"Missha M B.B Boomer is a B.B boosting cream, which boosts the adherence and duration of B.B Cream and makes your skin look brighter when applied before B.B Cream. It's pearl, antioxidant and moisturizing ingredients make your skin more radiant while leaving it moisturized."





















Claims:
-Wrinkle Care
-Whitening
-Boost adherence of BB cream
-Moisturizes
-Brightens skin

Ingredients:
Water(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Arbutim, Sodium Chloride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Adenosine, Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Coral Powder, Diamond Powder, Mannan, Squalane, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Platinum Powder, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Amethyst Powder, Pearl Powder, Tourmaline, Alcohol Denat., Tocopherol, Fragrance (Perfum), Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional Geraniol, Linalool, Coumarin, Citronellol, Alphalsomethyl lonone
MAY CONTAIN[+/- ; Mica(Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide(Cl 77891)]






















Scent:
It smells dead on like baby powder which I know a lot of people hate, but it's a bit deeper as if they added a tad of musk to the scent. While it's not overwhelming, it does linger until you cover it up with a BB cream or CC cream. If not, you will smell it at odd times during the day.

Packaging:
It has the exact same packaging as the famous Missha Perfect Cover B.B cream, although with a different color scheme. Both the tube and the box have a shimmery pinkish color with pink dots, they also have have instructions, ingredients, and performance in Korean and English which is nice as it still takes me a while to read Korean! I've been reading about this booster for a while and apparently it having a pump is a new thing? Well, thank you for that Missha! I've gone through a couple of things from them and I love the fact that they all have bendy tubes and pumps. It allows me to get every single last drop of product without cutting it open or letting some product just go to waste. It's also quite durable as I tend to overstock my shelves and knock stuff around a lot whenever I'm reaching for something, or the shelves themselves fall due to the stress from the weight I put them through. So far, no breakage!
























Swatch:
I really love the color of this product. It comes out as a thick white cream but quickly changes to a opalescent pink once you start to blend it into the skin, and then vanishes almost leaving behind a gorgeous sheen. 































Results:
I've used it as a primer as well as a highlighter and both worked marvelously. Of course, I wouldn't really expect anything less from Missha. The boomer does help any kind of liquid I place on top stay really well and last all day whether it's BB cream, CC cream, or foundation. When I use it as a primer I don't see much of the radiance that it claims, it just seems to be there for helping the BB cream stick and last. Not that I'm complaining of course, but to fix that I just mix a little bit more into the BB/CC cream to help create that wonderful glow I really love. When placing it over foundation it does definitely brighten up the face, especially when placed over the cheekbones, down the nose, and top of the cupid's bow like any other highlighter would be applied. I've worn it alone sometimes and it does seem to moisturize my skin, which is wonderful as I get really dry and flaky as the day wears on. Although when it gets really hot and gross during the summer, I have noticed the actual product itself becoming quite thick and almost dried out before I apply which is odd. Anyone else have this issue or is the heat just that bad here? I've gone through a few tubes of this so far, but I haven't really noticed any whitening or wrinkle care. Of course being super pale and being in my mid twenties probably doesn't give this product much to work with for the dual function it brags about. 미안해 Missha~

 My only complaint is that it's fairly expensive everywhere! It's the exact same price in the US as it is in Seoul which really threw me off as I figured it'd be almost half the price and was planning on stocking up and loading a basket full of them, But, as soon as I found it I noticed the ₩30,000 ($27) price tag for the BB cream and ₩23,000 ($20) tag for the boomer. I'm not sure if I went in on a day that they rose the prices or if I should stop trying to shop in Gangnam, but it was crazy! They usually have awesome sales though, so really just be on the lookout and wait!

Pros:
-Helps makeup last all day
-Moisturizes
-Brightens complexion
-Really beautiful as a highlighter

Cons:
-Can be expensive





















Rating: 8/10
I really love this as a primer and highlight as it works really well and helps my makeup last all day. Whenever I wear it alone, it just gives my skin this beautiful glow and brightens up the entire face. If you're in Korea and have the chance to test it out, please do so! Or, just go and buy it as I'm sure you won't regret it. SO pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment