Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream


I was SO excited to finally step into a real Missha store instead of ordering online, so when I saw the store in Dongdaemun I may or may not have freaked completely out. When I went inside I was kind of sad though. I for some reason thought their products would be a lot cheaper in Korea than from ordering online. Boo! I did end up picking up my usual BB cream and a few other goodies. It's definitely worth a look as they have some of the highest standards in testing in cosmetics, or so I read (plus they just have really pretty stuff in general!).

Product Info:
Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream
Shade 21
50ml





















Where to get it:
KoreaDepart: 11.48
YesStyle: 15.00
Missha: 20.99
W2Beauty: 22.25
Pretty&Cute: 29.99

Description:
The M Perfect Cover BB Cream gives an even and natural-looking coverage with the soothing, moisturizing properties of a cream. It is suitable for all skin types including acne-prone skin, and can be used as a makeup base or foundation.





















Claims:
-Natural Coverage
-Soothes skin
-Moisturizes
-Whitens
-Anti-Aging
-UV Protection
-Helps regenerates the skin

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Arbutin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Dimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil, Squalane, Adenosine, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimehticone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Gylcerin, Propylene Glycol, Caviar Extract, Algae Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmendsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Ceramide 3, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, sodium Chloride, Frangrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicytate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpsha-Isomethyl ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, May Contain +/-; Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Iron Oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).























Scent:
It's a faint baby powder mixed with flowers kind of scent. It's not strong at all and wears off after it "settles" into the skin. I personally find it very pleasant and soothing.

Packaging:
Oh the infamous Missha packaging of red with gold. Their packaging is always so classy looking even though it's so busy, it's still so simple. Missha does us a favor by putting everything into both Korean and English, with almost little to nothing left out which is wonderful. Usually, there is some Korean that's never translated and yet it's how to contact customer service, or how to store the product. That can be important!
I've seen this BB cream come with a squeeze tube, but I'm not a fan personally and always make sure to buy the tube with a pump as I think it's a bit cleaner...although I always get mine filthy still, somehow. This tube is by far the most durable thing I've probably ever owned, which is spectacular. Usually, there's some product left in the tube that you have to open and scrape out, but not Missha! I've bent and rolled mine up to get every last drop out, and not a single one has popped, torn, or ripped open. Here's my almost finished one as proof you can get rough with these guys for that extra product! No, that isn't my camera being weird...You can see how little is left in the tube! Plus, there's that new one below it just waiting~





















Swatch: This BB cream has excellent coverage, never settles into fine lines and pores, and it has helped lighten my chicken pox scars from a few years ago. It dries with a semi-matte to glossy look, which I personally like. You could powder to make it into a  matte finish, but I'm just not a fan!






























Results: 
Again, I really do love this BB cream and all the wonderful reviews are really true. This was the first BB cream I ever repurchased...four times. Ahem..I might have a problem. Although this isn't the absolutely Holy Grail of BB creams for me, it's pretty damn close to it. I would just like a bit of a glossy finish and I'd swear off every thing else for life. I've noticed that whenever I use it, my skin feels softer and more even. It's helping some of my scarring from childhood and adult chicken pox, which makes me happy. I like the fact that it has a high SPF, but I still always add a sunscreen as my last step in my skin care regimen. I just wish Missha had more sales for this cream so I could...buy..more. Because I need more BB creams in my life.

Pros:
-I noticed a bit of whitening after a full bottle
-Pleasant smell
-Medium to full coverage
-Can be powdered over without caking
-Skin is more even toned
-Moisturizes
-High SPF
-5 different shades

Cons:
-No glossy finish (just personal preference)
-Expensive everywhere





















Rating: 9/10
I really do love this BB cream and all the wonders that it does and will continue to do in the future, but I wish the price wasn't so expensive. It's ₩32,000 (30USD) at any Missha store, or you could order it online but I'm not sure if they have free shipping or not. I see cheaper ones all the time on Ebay, but I've also heard horror stories about the fake ones from China, so I stay clear and just bite the bullet. Missha has some sales going on a semi-regular basis, so be on the lookout for those. I do believe it's actually on sale right now actually, which is pretty nice.
Sorry the photos are really off. My camera hates metallic surfaces and the reflection of the camera blocked out all writing unless they were laying down flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment