Monday, August 12, 2013

Review: Tony Moly Red Appletox Honey Cream


I really had no knowledge of Tony Moly before I went to Korea other than trying some samples I had gotten from ordering BB creams online. They were nice and worked well for how long I had them, but not a lot of places offered much information on the product or ingredient lists which made me slightly hesitant to actually purchase them. So, when I walked into one of the many TM stores in Myeongdong I wasn't really expecting much. THEN....I saw the adorable fruit section. I mean, they're so cute! I had to grab a few for my mom.....and myself of course.
Now, all the labels on the Appletox are in Korean which I am a novice in so please forgive my mistakes and let me know if I need to correct something please!

Product Info: 
Tony Moly Red Appletox Honey Cream
80ml

Where to get it:
KoreaDepart: 9.37
Pretty & Cute: 14.98
Sasa: 15.20
W2beauty: 16.01

Description: 
"Contains Apples and honey ingredients that tend to smooth and firm skin. "


















Claims:
-Nourishes
-Moisturizes
-Smooths
-Anti-oxidant

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Ethanol, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Apple Extract (8mg), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sunflower oil, Propolis Extract (Beeswax and resins collected by the honeybee from plants and flowers), Honey Extract (16mg), Royal Jelly Extract, Soluble Collagen, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Allantoin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, C12-16 Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitol, Malic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Spices, Sodium Polyacrylate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Yellow No.4, Yellow No. 5

****


















I tried looking online for an ingredient list even in Korean,but nothing. They mentioned Manuka Honey, Royal Jelly Extract, Black honey, and Propolis...but nothing of how much of each was in it, or what else helped create this cream. I translated my label on the bottom and uploaded it onto COSDNA for everyone to see. Now, there are two pigments which hit the red on the safety bars and they're the infamous Yellow No 4 and 5. Pigment use is a huge debate whether it's in skin care, or food so it's entirely up to you if you'd like to use them on your face or ingest them. I'm just informing you ahead of time that they are there in case this causes a serious reaction or if you are leaning more towards natural products. The only other ingredient that hits a warning for acne and an irritant trigger is Triethanolamine. It registers as a 2 for acne and a high 4 rating for irritation for it's Ph adjustment in this cream. I personally have not had a reaction but with looking at a few of these ingredients, I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, or someone who has easily reactive skin (eczema or dermatitis). Seeing as it does have a few extracts that act as antibacterials and help combat acne, I believe this would work really well for oily or combo skin.

Scent:
This scent is absolutely heavenly and smells like apples. I'm not talking about apple candy or fragrances, but actual fresh cut apples. It smells SO delicious and edible~

Packaging:
As I got this in a store in Korea, I'm not too sure if it comes in a plastic box like so many of Tony Moly fruits do. The jar is a twist off top with a fake little leaf and steam at the top of the jar for decoration. Upon opening it has the TM seal to help prevent the cream from leaking out. It also comes with a small spatula to help keep things a bit more sanitary.

















Swatch: 
This product is very thick and really only the smallest bit is required to cover the entire face. It is quite sticky and gooey when first applied. I dotted the cream all over and used my ring and middle finger to blend it all over the face. I then used my fingertips to gently help the product sink faster into my skin.


















Results:
It was an almost instant glow for my skin once the product fully absorbed and continued to give me that beautiful glow for the rest of the day when I wore it as a moisturizer. When I would use it as a sleeping pack, I would wake up with my skin feeling so smooth, soft, and hydrated. Again, I have super dry skin so using a thick cream like this feels quite amazing for me. I've read about people who only use this a sleeping pack a few times a week or use this as a moisturizer when their skin is dry, but I absolutely love to use it every night. It has not once caused my skin to break out, and I've noticed the small bumps I sometimes get at the top of my forehead have almost completely disappeared once I started using this nightly.

Pros:
-Smells delicious
-Cute packaging
-Hydrates
-Multiple uses
-Helps fight against acne
-Smooths the calms the skin

Cons:
-It can take a while to fully absorb into the skin
-Can get expensive to order outside of Korea


















Rating: 9/10
I personally absolutely loved it and would repurchase it in an instant, but the price tag is a big issue here in the US. Shipping can get to ridiculous amounts, unless you're in a bulk order with some friends then it might be worth it! I like the feeling of it sinking into my skin and I love how great my skin looks when I wake up in the morning. So soft and plump!

****Translations: Now, quite a bit of the front was unreadable do to the manufacturing date, so please bare with me if a bit of it doesn't make sense~

FRONT
Tony Moly
Red Appletox Honey Cream
Contains Apples and honey ingredients that tend to smooth and firm skin. Touch the honey formulation cream. When using a high elasticity honey moisturizer----At the same time,vegetable ingredients are forumation for touchable lustrous skin.
Manufacturing and sales: (note)
(note)  220 municipal road Junmyeon Industrial complex (address?)
80ml
Expires 12 months after opening

BACK
How to use:
After cleansing the skin, take appropriate amount and lightly rub and pat on to the whole face. .
(Ingredients list)
Precautions for use:
1: Such as the same with cosmetics: If irritating occurs discontinue use. If symptoms persist, such as: red spots, swelling, itching, irritation, etc, consult a dermatologist.
2:Do not use over the site of a wound, such as eczema or dermatitis.
3: Storage and handling precautions:

  • After use, close lid.
  • Keep out of reach of children 
  • Do not store in hot or cold places, or in direct sunlight. 

*If there is an error with this product, contact Consumer Dispute Resolution Criteria noticed by Fair Trade Commission. You may be able to request a return or will be compensated.
www.tonymoly.com
Customer Service: 080-356-2222

No comments:

Post a Comment