Friday, August 9, 2013

Review: Tony Moly Broccoli Sprout Cleansing Cream



I first got this cleansing cream as a sample when I ordered a BB cream from Missha last year. I tried it, loved it and then forgot about it entirely until I went to Seoul a few months ago. While looking around a Tony Moly store in Myeongdong I kept seeing this guy, but couldn't remember if I liked it or not. I asked for a sample but then totally forgot to try it while I was there. A total and complete failure on my part. To make it worse, I didn't even realize this until I got home and saw my sample mixed in with other samples I had received from other shops. ^^;
Luckily I live a few miles from the Pretty & Cute flagship store and my boyfriend told me to grab one immediately. I paid $16.99 at the time, but as of right now they have it on sale!

Product:
TonyMoly Clean Dew Broccoli Sprout Cleansing Cream
200ml

Where to get it:
YesStyle: 17.00

Description:
"This young broccoli cleansing cream makes the skin healthy and revitalized. It provides super energies as it contained the active ingredient “ the super food” such as blueberry, tomato and young broccoli. provide essential nutrients to the skin. The AHA makes the skin smooth and glossy while removing dead skin cells and impurities from the skin. Containing young green tea and lavender, this fresh cleansing cream energizes the tired skin and gives the comfortable and peaceful cleansing time."



Claims:
-Removes impurities and makeup
-Helps smooth out skin by exfoliation 
-Energizes tired skin
-Moisturize

Ingredients:
Water, mineral oil, dipropylene glycol, dimethicone, polysorbate 60, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, petrolatum, cetearyl alcohol, sorbitan sesquioleate, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, sucrose, zea mays (corn) starch, chromium oxide green, tocopheryl acetate, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extractbytylene glycol, rosa canina fruit extract, hippophae rhamnoides fruit extract, rosa davurica bud extract, malpighia emarginata (acerola) fruit extract, phyllanthus embilca fruit extract, brassica oleracea ltalica (broccoli) sprout extract (191.66mg), avena sativa (oat) meal extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, allium sativum (garlic) bulb extract, brassica oleracea ltalica (broccoli) extract, vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit extract, spiacia oleracea (spinach) leaf extract, salmon egg extract, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit extract, wine extract, juglans egia (walnut) seed extract, allantoin, disodium edta, methylparaben, propylparaben, perfume


I uploaded the ingredients into COSDNA, and hopefully it'll show up soon. Anyways, there are quite a few triggers in this cream. I know quite a few people with allergies to Mineral Oil, which is the second ingredient in the list. Cetearyl Alcohol rates a 4 for comedogenic and a 3 under irritant, although it still remains in the safe zone. The only one who rates in the red zone would be Triethanol amine which has a 2 for acne and has a 4 level for irritant. I have personally never broken out using this product though.

Scent:
The scent is very subtle and smells a bit woody. It reminds me honestly of just a general soapy smell, perhaps similar to laundry detergent? It's a very clean smell and it wears off fairly fast for those of you with sensitive noses. 

Packaging:
The ones I saw in Seoul did not have the green semi-clear boxes. It was only when I came back to America did I see the jars come in the boxes. I'm glad I grabbed one in the states as I usually use the boxes as stands for the products on my shelves so I can layer all my different pretty things. I noticed that this is the first Tony Moly box that only has only English and Hangul (Korean). Others that I've seen have Chinese and Japanese somewhere located on them. Just a thought. The jar itself is a pretty sturdy with cute little flexible sprout leaves on the top. The lid twists off to reveal a TonyMoly seal which you can either throw away or keep to help make the product a little more hygienic. Look at those cute little leaves!


































Swatch:
I used a few of the hardest products to get off my skin as examples of how it works. From bottom to top: Buxom lip tarnish (it was gratis, so I've no idea what the name is), Tony Moly backstage eye liner in black, Benefit's They're Real mascara (this stuff never comes off. Such a pain!), Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on pencils in Electric, Zero, and Midnight Cowboy. 

































Results:
I had to use my upper arm as I have tattoos that cover most of my lower arms, so sorry for the awkward photos. This cleanser doesn't work very well at all on damp or wet skin as it's an oil based cream, so use dry skin. Directions state to "Apply appropriate amount and gently massage with finger tips, wipe off with a soft tissue, and cleanse with our cleansing foam." There's no need to let this sit, or "soak in." Simply massage and then wipe off. As you can see, it took all of the products I swatched clean off. I was really surprised it was able to take the Electric pencil off so well as the blue usually stains my skin for a few days regardless of what cleanser I use. I LOVE the fact that it took the mascara clean off on my arm as well as my lashes. I've used it several times and it's never left anything behind, even glitter! It's the first cleanser I've used where I haven't woken up finding glitter stuck on my face somehow from the night before. The best part of this is that for my face I use maybe a nickle size amount for my entire face. I've had it for a few months and have barely scratched the surface. I have had unfortunate accidents with this while leaving it on too long and was left with inflamed bright red skin for a few days. Of course, by leaving it on too long I mean a few hours. Of course, I've also left it on long enough to take a quick phone call and it started to sting. So, take it from me and DON'T DO THAT! I know it's an oil based cream so I always try and use my foaming cleansers, but I swear I have to wash my face several times after using this as I still have an oily feeling left behind. I also have to make sure I have soft wipes around when I remove this as anything rougher than baby wipes causes my face to turn bright red. I cannot use toilet paper for the obvious reason of it'll just cause the tp to stick and rip off on the face. Napkins and paper towels I've found are just too harsh to use to wipe this off and have led to irritation. You cannot simply wash this off with a cleanser, you must wipe it off and then wash. It's kind of pain when I'm tired and have to search around for baby wipes to help take this off. #Firstworldproblem right there. I usually only use this when I wear waterproof mascara, lip stains, bright eye shadows (red and blue almost always stain my skin), or full coverage foundation. *Edit 9/21~ I've actually been using this a lot more lately as I feel like my normal cleanser is a little too drying. Also, oddly enough the oily after effect actually feels really good on my face as well.

Pros:
-Lots of product for the price
-Cute packaging
-Pleasant smell which fades quickly
-Removes the most stubborn waterproof makeup
-Skin feels soft afterward

Cons:
-None

















Rating: 9/10
It is an excellent cleanser and does take off all cosmetics I've put it against, but the fact that it adds another step in my cleansing routine is a pain especially when I want nothing more than to throw myself in bed. I would repurchase this as it has a lot of product and works amazingly well for getting all the heavy cosmetics off my face. Plus, I'm a total sucker for cute packaging. T__T

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about broccoli. Please keep sharing.
    Benefits Of Broccoli Juice

    ReplyDelete