Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: SkinFood Steam Milk Bubble Mask


I was shopping at the Pretty & Cute store by my house and decided I needed more SkinFood in my life after buying and loving their super famous Black Sugar Face Mask. I saw the cute milk carton and it was pretty much decided. Yup, purchasing.

Product:
SkinFood Steam Milk Bubble Mask
150ml


















Where to get it:
If you’re lucky enough to live close to a SkinFood store!
W2beauty: 19.42
Momo Mango: 19.99
Imomoko: 20.50
Pretty & Cute: 20.50

Description: 
A convenient self-lathering mask that cleanses, exfoliates, and softens dry skin in a single step with soft, rich foam. What is steam milk? When steamed, milk turns into a mound of micro fine bubbles that consist of all the benefits milk has, and yet feels silkier and softer to the touch.
Claims:
-Cleanses
-Exfoliates
-Softens
-Hydrates dry skin
















Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Sodium Cocoylalaninate, Lauryl Phosphate, Disodium LAureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium, Lactace, Sodium Gluconate, Milk Protein Extract, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Butane, Propane, PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Polyglutamic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Milk Lipids, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Angelica Archangelica Leaf Extract, Houttutnia Cordata Extract, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Artemisia Princeps Extract, Cannamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Cnidium Officinale Eoot Extract, Chamomilla Recutitta (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Maphighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Actinidia Chinesis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Garcinia Mangostana Fruit Extract, Litchi Chinesesis Fruit Extract, Durio Zibethinus Extract, Vaccinum Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit extract, 1,2-Hexandiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxuetanol, Parfum















The main ingredients on the box:
Milk Protein Extract: Heals, hydrates, repairs, and reinforces elasticity.
Milk Lipids: Nourish, anti-aging, reduce redness.
Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract: Helps condition the skin, antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory, aids in the synthesis of collagen.
Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract: Fragrance, skin-conditioning, soothes, helps tone the skin.
Angelica Archangelica Leaf Extract: Astringent, conditions, antibacterial to help fight acne, and helps tone the skin.
Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract: Fragrance, conditions the skin, antioxidant, antibacterial properties.
Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract: Soothes, anti-inflammatory, excellent for sensitive skin.
Scent:
The smell is actually quite pleasant and soothing. It’s almost like baby powder, but it’s a lot sweeter and very floral. It is quite heavily scented, so beware if you’re sensitive to smells.
Packaging:
The packaging is so adorable! It comes in a milk carton covered in cow print, and when you open the box you'll find the canister which deals out the foam. I'm quite happy that it has a firm cap, as a lot of products I have have a flimsy cap that fall off constantly which I feel is very unhygienic. The label is made from a thin paper that easily dissolves when it comes into contact with water though, so be careful! I got water on mine and it started to peel T__T

















Swatch: 
Simply shake the can lightly and spray about a quarter sized amount onto your hand and apply to dry skin. I personally apply it to damp skin, as I feel this helps the foam thicken and applies a bit easier. Whenever I use on dry skin, I feel it sinks in and disappears.
Results: 
This mask is simply amazing hands down, although I feel it acts more as a cleanser than a mask. A little bit goes a very long way, especially since I use it twice a day, and the foam is so thick you really only need about a quarter sized amount. This means this product will definitely last quite a while, which is an added plus since it does lean towards the more expensive side. This amazingly scented foam leaves my face not only feeling clean, but my skin looks clearer and evened out. I've been using it for over a month and it still feels pretty full, so I’m quite happy about that. My skin does feels a lot softer and smoother than before starting this, so it seems to be living up to that claim of added exfoliation. I feel that it fits perfectly for my dry skin as my face always feels so much more hydrated and plump afterwards.
I feel like this mask would be excellent for those with sensitive skin, or those who are acne prone as it's gentle enough to use twice a day, but powerful enough to thoroughly cleanse and clean the face. Although it does have Sodium Hydroxide in the ingredients which is a 5 on COSDNA's list of irritants, I feel that it isn't on the skin long enough to cause a reaction as you almost immediately wash it off. Of course, everyone's skin is completely different, so while this may affect someone else's skin, it may do wonders for yours. I just mention it so that if anyone knows this is a trigger for their skin, they can be warned and stay away.
Although it does a decent job at taking off my foundation or BB creams, but I find it a bit lacking when it comes to mascara and dark eye shadows. I still use my double cleansing method and use an cleansing oil to remove my makeup before this mask, but it is kind of sad that this can't be an all purpose cleanser. 
Pros:
-Smells Amazing
-Cute Packaging
-Will take quite a while to use up all 150ml
-Wonderful cleanser
-Brightens the skin
-Non-Drying
-Product comes out slowly enough to control the amount
Cons:
-Seems to lack the power to take off waterproof mascara and dark eye shadows
DSC00835
Steamed Milk?
When steamed milk turns into a mound of micro fine bubbles, they still contain the benefits that milk has.
Rating: 9/10
I will most definitely buy it again, although it may take long enough that I’ll be in South Korea when I need to repurchase it. I believe I saw it for around…$10 in the SkinFood store? So, I'm definitely excited for that.     

No comments:

Post a Comment