Friday, August 9, 2013

Review: Tony Moly Tomatox Magic Massage Pack


Another Tony Moly product!  I know, I know, but I can't help it I'm absolutely addicted to their products and their store! I got this as a gift for a translation that I did, but I've used it enough to comment on how well it performs. I have such a back log from switching blog platforms, so I'm trying to get caught up with all my old reviews and such. Hopefully it'll happen soon!

Product:
Tony Moly Magic Massage Pack
80g

Where to get it:
KoreaDepart: 8.20
W2Beauty: 14.51
Pretty & Cute: 16.99

Description: 
"Containing Tomato extracted water and Tomato ingredients, this multi-functional massage & pack brings instant magic vitalizing effects into the skin. Being as a multi-functional product of soft massage & cleanly wash off mask, Tomatox magic massage pack delivers highly vitalizing, truly clarifying, skin hydrating and protecting effects to the skin, leaves the skin amazingly clear and supple."

















Claims:
-Whitens
-Hydrates
-Detoxes skin
-Tones

Ingredients:
Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Nicinamide, PVP, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Pearl Powder, Coral Powder, Ascorbl Tetraisopalmitate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Solanum Lycopersium (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Arginine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Propylparaben, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Sucrose, Tocopheryl Acetate

There was an ingredients list added to COSDNA, but it wasn't complete so I updated it. Interestingly enough, they've added Tomato water and Tomato extract. Lots of tomatoes! This mask is full of goodies that offer help with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and whitening. The only thing to really watch out for here is the alcohol, which rates a level 3 for irritant while remaining in the safe zone.

Scent:
Even though it's all about the tomatoes, this mask is a dead ringer for DKNY Be Delicious fragrance. Perhaps the lemon and kiwi are similar in notes to apple and cucumber that create the top notes of the fragrance? The scent it a bit strong, but again I like strong smelling stuff. It lasts throughout the 5-10 minutes or however long you leave it on, but washes off with the mask.

Packaging:
The Tomatox comes in a clear red plastic box which also resembles the fruit jar itself. It has four languages printed on it, which is so nice to see. If you can read Chinese (not sure which branch), Japanese, Korean, or English, then no fear! I'm happy to see multiple languages on packaging now days~ The Jar itself is in a sturdy tomato looking jar, which twists off to reveal the Tony Moly label seal which you can throw away or keep (I keep them for hygiene purposes). For some reason, my jar doesn't close tightly. I'm not sure if it's a bad jar or the oddly shaped jar just doesn't seal shut. Odd.



I don't shut properly!

















Swatch: 
The mask itself goes on quite thickly but will fade the longer you have it on.

Bad hair, blotchy skin, and bags!





















Results:
After ten minutes the results for me were pretty obvious, although I'm not sure the camera captured it properly. My skin looks even and toned and all the red scarring I have has greatly diminished. My skin feels softer each and every time I've used this and I have noticed a lack in break outs. I have to say the results are temporary and last about an hour or so for me, but the longer you use it the more permanent the brightening effects will be.

Ta da!





















Pros:
-Brightens
-Hydrates
-Makes my skin super soft
-Evens out blotchy skin
-Smells divine
-Cute packaging

Cons:
-Effects are not long lasting
-The jar doesn't fully close


















Rating: 8/10
I'm only a short way through this bottle so I can't say for sure whether I see a huge difference in long term brightening, but then again I am very fair. I'm going to wait to see how my skin looks when the jar is completely empty before I decide whether it's worth purchasing, but so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment