Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moist Cushion Sun BB

So I made a trip down to 코리아 타운 almost two months ago and I definitely had to stop at and pick up some new Tony Moly products! I'm not exactly low on BB creams but adding a new one definitely doesn't hurt! I bought mine for about $25 but that could have been because I stopped at the first place I saw and did not bother to check or ask for pricing. I'm not even sure there were signs now that I think about it. OH WELL.


Product Info:
Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moist Cushion Sun BB SPF50+ PA+++
13g



Where to get it:
KoreaDepart: 15.02
RoseRoseShop: 15.04
W2Beauty: 37.98 (Comes with a refill)

Description:
"Mist + BB + Foundation + Sunblock + Wrinkle Improvement + Whitening + Cooling 7 in 1 Sun BB

Moisturize with long lasting formula.
Covers evenly and is non-drying.

6 Free Formula"


Claims:
-Long lasting
-Moisturizing
-Even coverage
-Non-drying
-Whitening
-Wrinkle Improvement

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasilxane, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Diprpylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Trimethylsioloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Arbutin, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Nylon-12, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone, Disterdimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Allantoin, Menthol, Menthyl Lactate, Tropolone, Adenosine, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Hibiscus Mutabilis Flower Extract, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Corchorus Olitorius Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Lysine, Histidine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Serine, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Methionine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Cysteine, Oxygen, Phenoxyethanol, CL77492, CL 77491, CL 77499, Fragrance



Scent:
It has a very distinct baby powder scent that is absolutely wonderful but also a bit floral as well. The smell is very light and doesn't last while on the skin and isn't at all over powering while in the pan or while applying it.

Packaging:
I really do love Tony Moly's designs as they are so unique to each of the lines that they come out with as two things never really look the same! The box has ripples in it as to perhaps take on the aqua affect of water or perhaps as it might look like an aura around someone? It's super pretty and shiny. There's very little English on this box though, sadly. There's ingredients and caution but that's all you get unless you can read and understand Korean. The compact is very opalescent and the only writing is the name on the top of the compact. They have recycling and company information (customer service) on a sticker on the bottom as well! To open this compact is super easy and only needs a button to be pressed as with most compact BB's nowadays. Once opened you can see the nice mirror and the small flap that contains the puff, once lifted there's a white sponge that you slightly press down with the puff to bring the BB cream to the surface. The flap holding the puff can be pressed down to lock it in place to better protect the BB from drying out as well. The container holding the BB cream can be removed once it's used up and replaced with another or you can leave it empty and use the compact for other things.



Press the button to open the compact

Remove the top flap

Ta-da!

The top part here was glued to the white flap from above. No idea why


Can never clean those prints off. Grr

Swatch: 
This BB cream has light to medium coverage and can be built up to a solid medium after applying thin layers with the puff. Regardless of how you apply, this BB has a beautiful dewy finish but can be tamed a bit with powder if you're not a fan.


It leaves a subtle dewy finish

Results: 
I feel the best results with this are to use a Beauty Blender or another type of sponge as the puff seems to soak up a lot of cream. I know the blenders do as well but the way they evenly and wonderfully blend out definitely makes up for it, they also don't seem to soak up as much as the puff does. The puff I think sucks for this BB cream. I tried it and thought it worked okay but it seemed to absorb more than it applied. I've since taken it out and put it in my powder compact which it's doing a wonderful job of applying. It also kind of made me unhappy that they somehow got glued the sponge to the little white plate it's supposed to sit in, so it looks dirty. Boo.

The BB is very hydrating and feels wonderful on my skin, it never feels heavy and although I always apply sunscreen, it's very nice to see such a high level in products. The only thing I find irritating about this is that the refill compact is that it's pretty much the same price as a new one! GAH. I've noticed my skin feels nice and soft all day while wearing it too! I work in a grocery store and it's lasted through an entire 10 hour shift with barely any wear or tear. I can't really attest to the wrinkle or whitening as it's my first cushion but I do notice that my skin looks brighter with this particular cream over some of my other ones. It's also kind of annoying that the compact shows finger prints so it always looks dirty.

How to replace:
Press gently on the back where the customer service info is

The cushion should pop out quite easily. To replace, line up the edges of the new container

Oooh....BB cream~

It's fairly big for its size!

Pros:
-Great coverage
-Skin feels nice and cool
-Long Lasting
-Dewy finish
-Hydrating
-Smells good
-Gorgeous compact

Cons:
-Refills cost as much as a new compact
-Sponge they come with sucks
-Compact can look dirty



Rating: 6/10
I really like this cream. I like the way it applies, the design of the packaging, how it feels on my skin and how well my skin looks with this on. I don't really like the cost of the refills, how it can get so easily dirty or the fact that the sponge sucks up so much BB cream. The cushions now are so easy to replace and so accessible that it shouldn't cost as much as a new compact to replace it. Grr!

No comments:

Post a Comment