Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: L'Oreal 24HR Infallible Eye Shadows

So I've been seeing these around so much on YouTube and in Ulta with so many coupons that I figured it was about time to grab some myself! There was so many different colors and finishes that I just knew I'd find at least one color I'd love. I was even more excited to see when I finally got around to going in and grabbing a few they went on massive clearance at Target. Win! There is always a new shade or two coming out with their newer collections so keep an eye out for even more gorgeous colors!

Product Info:
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows
3.5g/0.12OZ



Shades:
333 Golden Sage
335 Golden Emerald
337 Endless Sea
555 Perpetual Purple
557 Glistening Garnet
756 Always Pearly Pink
892 Amber Rush
996 Liquid Diamond
998 Sultry Smoke

Where to get it:
Walmart: 6.97
Target: 6.99 (Check their clearance aisle as a  lot of them are 2.33!)
Walgreens: 7.99
Ulta: 7.99 (Every so often they have BOGO 50% off)
Kmart has a lot of them on sale for 4.00 as well but does not allow a general link to the shadows
Pretty much any drugstore will carry them

Description:
Additional binders (oils) coat and magnify the color pigments revealing beautiful shimmer and maximized color. The color adheres to the eyelid as durably and comfortably as a second skin and lasts for up to 24hrs. With a formulation that lies between the comfort of a cream and the ease of application of a powder, infallible eyeshadow melts gently from the fingertips to the eye lid on application. The result is a luxurious, velvety texture. Infallible Eyeshadow provides sweatproof, waterproof, crease resistant wear with velvet-soft texture that blends easily, providing luminous color with a smooth, even finish.



Claims:
-Long lasting
-Easy to apply
-Silky texture
-Sweat/water/crease proof
-Variety of colors
-Variety of finshes (Matte, shimmer and glitter)

Ingredients:
Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, alcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol,Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Polyurethane-11, [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77947 / Zinc Oxide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake,CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake]

Scent:
There is no scent.

Packaging:
The packaging for the shadows is very nice and easy to handle. They are completely plastic with a clear, square bottom allowing you to see the actual color and finish of the shadow inside. The plastic twist off on top has a sticker showing you the color inside, the shadow and how much product is inside. Once you twist that off there is a small plastic stopper that allows you to push the eyeshadow down to keep it in place. Do not remove or throw these away! Once removed the shadow becomes loose and can easily become messy once the lid is removed. I love the clear part of the bottom where you can see the color? It allows me to see the color easily when I put them away and makes it easier to select the right one.





After use they can become loose

Firmly press the stopper down

And presto! Firm pigment again!



Swatch:
Just to clarify, these swatches were done with and without primers. I tried using the two most popular ones with a low and a high end so you can see how they would look with either one.
NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil is on the far left, no primer in the middle and Urban Decay's Primer Potion on the right.
NOW! To swatches!

333 Golden Sage


This green comes out very dull when used under milk and super dark when used with UDPP. It's a nice bright green with a brown undertones and is perfect for a Spring look! This color goes on perfectly fine with one swipe but can be built up very easily. The texture is smooth and silky.

335 Golden Emerald




Again, milk dulls out the color and UDPP makes it super dark. The lighting in my house is really bad lately so forgive me please! This color is actually one of my favorites and it looks WAY better under a dark base. It's a bight green with flecks of gold and brown. It's not as easy swatched as the others and does need a few swipes to get massive color but it's so worth it! It's also a very smooth pigment and glides on the skin.

337 Endless Sea




Milk made this color into a bright but fairly matte blue whereas UDPP showed a bit more of the duo-chrome that this gorgeous blue has. It has a wonderful greenish/blue effect and can go more one color than the other depending on the base. It reminds me a lot of MAC's Steamy except this is a lot more vibrant in color whereas Steamy is a bit dull. If you're looking for the same color effect though, this color would be a great alternative (not dupe, ALTERNATIVE!). Endless Sea goes on easily and is super pigmented so be careful on how much you pick up! Like the previous colors, it is also smooth and silky in texture. 

555 Perpetual Purple




As much as I'd love to love the darker colors, as you can see in the photo they tend to look more black with a light hint of purple under bases. It's quite sad as this color is so bright and a lot brighter in pan but once I put it on my skin it just looks black although when I turn you can see hints of bright purple which is lovely, but I wanted that actual purple constantly, not just a hint. I use a little bit of this purple as the more I build up the darker it gets. The purple is by far the silkiest in texture out of the colors though. Smooth as silk!

557 Glistening Garnet




This color really surprised me when I first tried it out. Unlike the rest I like how dark and matte it looks under milk and almost prefer it. It does tend to go a bit more reddish like in the pan than how it looks on my hand. It does take a bit to show up to it's true colors so I'd use this one wet and save yourself the time of building it up. Once wet it has a super pretty sunset effect of red, orange and dark red. It's easy to work with while wet and they blend out really nicely. UDPP makes this one turn a bit more orange than red but pretty still. I feel like this one crumbles the easiest and requires me to use the stopper the most to keep it packed tightly. It also gets everywhere after use -.- Also, the red does tend to stain a bit if a primer isn't used.

756 Always Pearly Pink



As you can see in the photos this color is super light and sparkly, and I mean REALLY sparkly. Not that it's a bad thing though! I love me some glittery shadows! I feel like this is more for highlighting the brow, inner corner or to be used for 애교살 (aegyo-sal "cute fat" or under eye bags) more so than for a full wash of color but it doesn't look bad being the main thing on the lid. It makes for a subtle shimmery pink which would be great for a date night or for whenever. I just tend to use this for other things :) This color can only go so far to be built up and doesn't really get dark; it just stays a light pink regardless of wet or dry.

892 Amber Rush





This color should have been named Liquid Gold as that's exactly what it looks like when applied to the lids. For a more intense and foiled look, I use this wet. This was my first one that prompted me to go out and buy more. "I NEED MOAR. ALL THE PRETTIES!" It's VERY pigmented and will show to true to pan the first swatch. Careful though as this one is a very gentle pigment and can get roughed up and loose fairly quickly. This is a more bright gold and kind of similar to UD's Half Baked in tone and color. Super pretty dry or wet!

996 Liquid Diamond




I'm very sad this color came out so dark on my hands and in pan. Damn you inside crappy Portland weather! I was expecting a light gray when I first bought this shadow but when I opened it I was totally surprised. It looks silver, pinky....purplish. I can't even explain how many different colors this shadow looks like it has inside it. It definitely looks more pink/purple than silver or gray! After building it up a bit it does lose a bit of the pink and goes more silver than anything but it's still got some flecks of lighter colors in there. It's definitely a favorite and goes well with several other colors!

998 Sultry Smoke




This one. *sigh* I was so excited to see a matte color, I really was! I need a dark gray matte color to help blend out all the massive shimmery shadows I have but was definitely disappointed when I first used this color. It's hard to blend out and which leads to a harsh line one moment and over blended the next. I have to use a super light hand and a few brushes to get this color up to what it's supposed to be. It starts off super chalky and has to be built up slowly and carefully. It's nice once it's there but it takes a lot more effort than it's worth.

Results:
These shadows do last quite a long time and are HIGHLY pigmented, especially seeing how little of the product you actually need. There's so many finishes and colors that someone is bound to find one that matches their personality and style. How I apply them depends on what kind of style I'm going for, but regardless of if I use my fingers or a brush, the payoff is still excellent. It's also kind of cool that a lot of the colors have duo-chrome pigments and look amazing under different colored bases! I've used them all wet and dry and I like how it doesn't affect the rest of the shadows (some brands you must scrape the dried off shadow to get the pigment back) at all. When applying them with your fingers, the pigments are extremely soft and creamy (probably due to the oils added in) but have a powdery finish. I really like how drug stores are taking a step up and becoming more and more amazing. These are so similar to the Lancome Color Design Infinité with the same packaging and stopper idea, but these are SO much better I can't even begin to explain and for a third of the price! I remember getting a couple of Lancome CDI in gratis and the color was just so lacking that I ended up giving them away to a friend. Plus, these are more widely accessible more so than their higher end counter parts (also should mention Lancome is owned by L'Oreal) that it's just another plus for them!

Pros:
-Long lasting
-Very pigmented
-Tons of colors and finishes to choose from
-Often on sale or clearance
-Easy to see the color
-Small, thin size makes it easy to store
-Super soft to apply to eyes

Cons:
-Mattes are a bit chalky
-Darker colors can show up black with little actual color
-Lids get dirty or peel easily



Rating: 7/10
Aside from the one chalky matte guy I got and the purple which shows up black, these eye shadows are brilliant and wonderful to use. They can be applied wet or dry and last ALL day. I often find them on sale so buying several at a time does not break my wallet (of course neither does buying them not on sale!). I would recommend trying at least one of these out if possible as it'll be love at first swatch!

1 comment:

  1. Ultraviolet light can cause DNA harm in cells and skin cancer, so melanin is a critical atom. Fading destroys the melanin's measure in our skin, making it increasingly powerless and making those without it progressively helpless to illnesses, for example, skin cancer.
    If you get quickly relief in any skin problems buy this medicines-Retino AC Gel

    ReplyDelete