Saturday, March 15, 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo/Metal 24Hr Cream Eye Shadow


Please forgive me as my camera somehow deleted (or I did) the photos of all my recent purchases, including these when they were new. All I have are the used photos now for a lot of upcoming things. I'm sorry!

Product Info:
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Cream Eye Shadow
.14oz/ 4g
25 Bad To The Bronze
35 Tough As Taupe

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24Hr Cream Eye Shadow
.14oz/4g
70 Barely Branded
55 Inked In Pink



Where to get it:
Prices varied by color, not formula~
Ulta: 6.99 (BOGO 50% off)
Target: 4.99-5.94
Walgreens: 6.79
Walmart: 4.97-5.5.94

Description:
"Ink intensity. Tattoo tenacity. Dare to wear the longest lasting shadow. Maybelline New York Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow ink technology creates the most saturated shadow. Cream gel smooths on for vibrant, crease-proof color that never fades. Dare to get inked."

Claims:
-Long Lasting
-Crease-Proof
-Vibrant Pigmentation
-Variety Of Finishes & Colors

Ingredients for Color Tattoo:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

Ingredients for Color Tattoo Metal:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

The ingredients list was found on Ulta's website and the ingredients only changed by formula, not colors. I couldn't find a list anywhere on Maybelline's site or the products themselves.

Scent:
There is a very faint plastic scent, but its barely noticeable unless you shove your nose into the pot ;)

Packaging:
When they first launched...what, two years ago? They instantly reminded me of MAC Paintpots, which I'm sure was their intention. They're the same coloring of black plastic twist top, same shape and same heavy bottoms. Although the look is a bit more cheap than the PP's, they've got MAC in one area for me. The paintpots are a bit more rounded so when I want product it easily gets all over the sides and bottom of the lids. The Color Tattoos do not have this problem and always look clean, which I personally love. The only part I could have lived without is their constant labeling of their product on top and bottom. The sticker on bottom slightly gets in the way of the color, but it can be removed with a bit of Goo Gone.




Swatch:
With all the Tattoos, they are very pigmented and glide on easily except for one finish, Matte. I've played around with the ones I have and the only one to be a dry, chalky and not glide on as easily as the others would have to be the mattes. All the other colors that I have are a dream. The swatches below are all just a single swipe~

Barely Branded


Barely Branded is a very gorgeous light off white color with tons of shimmer. It's an excellent base as well as a great base for a highlight under the brow, or to use on its own. It's a very creamy color and goes on very well with one swipe.


Inked In Pink


Inked In Pink is my absolute favorite and for good reason! I find it very hard to find a really pretty subtle pink base (Here's lookin at you Rubenesque!) that will stay on and stay on for a LONG time. You can use just a single swipe and it's a very pretty link pink or build it up to a gorgeous rosy pink.

Bad To The Bronze


Bad To The Bronze is a lot darker than it looks in this photo and although pretty, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I kept seeing a lot of these gorgeous golds in photos and immediately rushed out to get one as I have a ridiculous amount of gold shadows that would go wonderfully on top of this. Not saying that this color isn't very lovely, just a fair warning it is a bit darker more true to the color in the pot than on my hand.




Annnnnd my least favorite color, Tough As Taupe. I wanted to love this one, I really did! I kept trying to use it as a base but it would smudge and go very chalky like you see in the swatch above. Fortunately I ran out of my eyebrow kit and decided, "Oh what the hell, why not?!" I'm glad I did! Although it sucks (personally) as a base for me, it does work wonderfully as a eyebrow color. I'm a blonde hair girl that "lucked" out with having super dark brows. I can't really use a lot of browns as they look odd but using black just makes me look crazy. So I resort to grey-brown colors as they look most natural, much like the above color. If you're looking for a similar brow color then I would definitely recommend trying this one out!

Inked In Pink, Bad To The Bronze, Barely Branded, Tough As Taupe

Results:
These babies do stay on all day just as their name suggests but come of quite easily with make up remover (I've used both waterproof and regular and didn't notice a difference). Granted, I haven't tested them for the whole 24 hours but a 17 hour day is just as good, right? Right!? I've used these on their own as well as bases for eye shadow and haven't had a problem with creasing at all. I do have to mention if you want to use them alone, you do need to be fairly quick in applying and blending them out, as once they are on...they are ON. Also, I do believe the MAC pots are made out of glass as I've dropped several of them a few times resulting in them getting chipped! These guys are made from plastic (I think!) and are a lot more durable. I had a shelf fall off and land on my makeup counter which sent these things flying all over! Luckily nothing was broken and their containers were still intact. Whew~

Pros:
-Cheap (lots of coupons or BOGO)
-Easily available
-Comes in a variety of colors and finishes
-Long lasting
-Comes off easily with makeup remover
-Several uses
-Durable

Cons:
-Matte can be a bit drying and chalky



Rating: 9/10
I really do love them as they are easy and smooth to apply and last all day. Sometimes the matte one is a bit chalky so I mainly just use it for my brows and bam! Instant power brow. I like the fact that there's always a good deal on these cream shadows so you're not always paying full price (I'M CHEAP OKAY!?) and can sometimes get really excellent coupons on them! They're widely available and can be picked up at almost any time of the day thanks to some never closing stores! So if you need a gorgeous blue base at 3am, Walmart and Maybelline have got your backs!

I will definitely repurchase and hope to expand my base collection with a lot of these babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment