Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review: Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil

Hello all and sorry I've been away for an entire month! Life just gets in the way sometimes but now all is good and I can definitely devote myself to a better, regular blogging schedule. I'm super excited for some posts coming up as I just got some goodies in the mail and can't wait to see how they work and eventually show them off! Anyways! Onto the review!

Product Info:
Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil
150ml

Where to get it:
Innisfree.co.kr: 12.52 (As of 4/30, the market may change causing the price to fluctuate. This page is in Korean.)
KoreaDepart: 14.05
MomoMango: 19.99
W2Beauty: 29.99

Description:
"Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil completely removes makeup, clears pore-clogging debris and brightens skin with fruity organic apple oil extracts. It contains softening and protective properties that help to preserve the skin's hydro-lipid barrier. This product contains a unique formula that instantly eliminates all traces of impurities leaving the skin feeling clean, soft, fresh, and protected."


Claims:
-Removes Make-up, sebum and other impurities
-Brightens skin
-Soften skin

Ingredients:
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Hydrogenated (C6-14 Olefin) Polymers, PEG-8 Glyceryl Isosterate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance



Scent:
It smells like a wonderful apple! Although the smell is definitely more of the fake apple scent, it still smells absolutely divine!

Packaging: 
The oil is packed inside a nice sleek, slightly tall pump bottle that is almost completely see-through. The pump is wonderful and never dispense's too much product. It also can be pressed slowly to dispense exactly how much you'd like which I really like. I'm a fan of the see through bottle as I can see exactly how much I have left, but not so much as I can barely read what's on the actual bottle itself. It might also have to do with the fact that the font is smaller and is very thin...perhaps if it was bolder it'd be easier to read? Regardless, I have to hold it up so light reflects through it, to be able to read exactly what's on the back. It does come with a small green stopper you can put under the pump so if you're traveling, you won't end up with your makeup bag full of oil, which I *really* love. It's also in half English and half Korean so you can see how to use it as well as read the ingredients, which is definitely handy for those who are shopping right then and there!




Swatch:
I've taken some of my most pain-in-the-butt-to-remove things I own and swatched them all on my hand so you can see the awesome job this oil does!

From left to right~

Burning Red from Etude House's Play Color Eyes #1 So Hot Play -Pinks/reds normally stain my lids
Clio's Lipnicure in #1 Trouble Peach
NYX's Eye Pencil in 901 Black
Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Pencil in 0L
Tony Moly Backstage Eye Liner Gel in #1 Black
Elf Liquid Eyeliner in Black
MAC Liquidlast Liner (LE) Aqualine (PAIN TO REMOVE.)
Calvin Klein CK One Mascara in 800 Black






Yay! Clean hand!
Results:
Now I've worked at Sephora which required a full face of cosmetics and as some of you might know, removing a full face can be quite the pain. Some cleansers only remove point makeup (eyeshadow) but won't remove bronzer or foundation or some can remove the everything, but lack serious power when it comes to waterproof mascara. This oil can remove all of it and with gentle ease, so no hard scrubbing is needed at all! I was really shocked when it removed the MAC liquidlast liner as NOTHING gets that off but a q-tip and lots of oil. I simply place some in my hand, slightly rub them together and make gentle circular motions on my face. Once I've covered my entire face (I do my eyes separately because I'm weird) I then take enough water to just dampen my hands and do the same thing. Once you've added water to this oil it tends to thicken up into an emulsion and helps remove even more makeup! I like the fact that it even removes all the color off the face so not even a stain is left (Reds/pinks easily stain my lids). It's quite the product as it removes everything from foundation, to mascara, to lipstick and liquid or gel liner with the gentlest motions too! It does leave the face feeling plump and supple rather than dried and stripped of moisture. I've read blogs where girls just leave it and go but I'm a huge fan of the Double Cleansing Method (DCM) and will use a foaming cleanser afterwards to remove the oil. I like the face that it's available in quite a lot of places online as well as local! It can be slightly expensive but is definitely worth it if you shop where you can apply codes or coupons.

Just oil on a dry hand

Add some water and it changes color and becomes thicker
Pros:
-Removes all cosmetics with ease
-Hydrating
-4 Free (Mineral Oil, Artificial Colors, Animal Ingredients and Ethanol Free)
-Widely available
-Pump can be used slowly to dispense the perfect amount of product
-See-through so you can see how much you have left.

Cons:
-Can be slightly expensive depending on how long you're willing to wait for shipping


Rating: 10/10
I like the smell, I love how well it works and I also like the fact that it's from Innisfree who tends to do a lot for the environment. They use low-carbon containers, 100% recyclable, eco-friendly labels (some are made from tangerines and their ink is made from soy) as well as introduce newer and better programs for recycling such as their handkerchief program. If you're interested you can read more about who they are and what they do here (It's in English :D)! It's a wonderful oil, full points and if you're in need of a cleanser I would highly recommend this bad boy!

Sorry if you found my Arizona tea and photos of my windows distracting, it's finally sunny for once and I wanted photos of the LIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment