Thursday, October 20, 2016

Review: Blithe Pressed Serum: Crystal Iceplant

Excuse my fat fingers, I couldn't get the logo in place without tilting it. SIGH.

My friend sent me this amazing product called Scinic Snowflake Capsule Aqua Cream (Whew, these names!!) which was an absolute godsend for my face. It replaced several products and it helped cool my face; It always felt so *good* to put on in the morning and at night.

Sad news? It's been discontinued and I can only find it on Amazon for almost twice if not three times the original price of what it was at Watson's. So, here I was, just browsing Glow Recipe for some goodies when I saw this. It immediately reminded me of my precious Scinic and I immediately ordered it. In true Glow Recipe fashion, it took less than a week to get to me. 


Product Info:
Blithe Pressed Serum
Crystal Iceplant
50ml/1.6 fl. oz

Where To Get It: 
Glow Recipe: 49.00 
Sephora: 49.00

The pretty designs on the side~

I love brand new jars~
Description: 
"An anti-polluaging serum and moisturizer hybrid, this formula is packed with 63 percent iceplant extract, which provides lasting hydration and nourishment without heaviness.

Iceplant extract is combined with botanical extracts to provide skin with featherweight, lasting moisture while protecting against harsh climates and pollution. Formulated into a cooling gel cream, iceplant extract from the Sahara helps to soothe, hydrate, and minimize the appearance of pores. The all-in-one product is designed to condense serum and moisturizer into one step that nourishes and hydrates skin without heaviness." - Sephora.

"Ice Plant extract effectively stores nutrients, moisture, and water to keep skin feeling soothed and to minimize the appearance of pores. The Blithe Crystal Iceplant Pressed Serum is formulated with a blend of fermented oils including olive and argan oils, providing your skin with lasting hydration while protecting skin against harsh climates and pollution. This easy-to-use serum and moisturizer in one treats, nourishes and brightens skin without heaviness." - Glow Recipe

Claims:
-Good for all skin types
-Helps with dryness
-Helps with uneven texture
-Hydrates
-Cools
-Minimizes the appearance of pores

Ingredients: 
Mesembryanthemum Crystallinum Extract (63%), Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycereth-26, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Polyglutamic Acid, Selaginella Tamariscina Extract, Cuscuta Australis Seed Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Amber Powder, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Candida Bombicola/Glucose/Methyl Rapeseedate Ferment, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Juniperus Mexicana Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyurethane-39, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA

Scent:
This scent totally fits the name is it smells cold (I know, but it DOES) and refreshing. It's very....cucumber-y, minty fresh, some citrus, and reminds me of aloe vera. It reminds me of summers when I'd get toasty fried and my mom would slather me in aloe vera. It's very light and invigorating. It's not overpowering and fades after it's applied.  

Packaging:
The box is very simple in design and uses both Korean and English. Well, actually it's more like there's an English sticker applied to the side over the Korean. BUT! There's English!

The jar itself comes with a large spatula, which I discarded. I have a small collection of them, which I actually don't even use. I like to use a clean spoon instead. I'm just weird like that. Who knows. 

The product comes in a thick, fairly heavy frosted jar with a twist off cap, which is very sturdy and has the Blithe label etched on top. Although the jar is pretty full, it's definitely got a chunk at the bottom where it's just plastic and isn't *completely* filled with product. Anyways! I've become a huge fan of nice, sturdy caps since my Skin79 Rose Moisture Mask cap died a horrible death and I had to toss it (Although that mask wasn't amazing, I hate tossing products because something happened to the cap/bottle/jar/whatever). The serum is a pale green, but is colorless when applies to the skin. It has a very thick texture but feels super light weight on the skin. The frosted plastic and color, along with the color of the serum too, add to this cooling theme!

This cap is super thick!

Appearances are definitely deceiving!

The jar has a safety seal which you can keep or discard (I personally keep them!). As usual, the bottom of the jar shows the expiration date. I don't have the box anymore...sad. Fire. T_T

Safety seal!




Swatch:
After applied you can instantly feel the cooling effects and the hydration. I would definitely pin your hair up if you're applying it during the morning or if you're applying it at night? I'd wait a bit before going to bed as this does take a while for it to soak into the skin. I would say it takes about 15-20 minutes to become dry. Glow Recipe recommends a pea size amount for the face as it does thin out after it's applied. I usually go with a quarter sized amount, but I just love the way it feels!



No, my hand is not photoshopped. It just makes skin look that good.


Results:
I've used this so far in two different states, both with very different climates. In Oregon (Where I lived it was cold and it rained 10 out of 12 months.) I used this mostly as my night time moisturizer, but since I've moved to Southern California where it's super hot and dry, it's moved to my morning and night time moisturizer. It glides on easily and just makes my face so soft, almost plumping it up. It's really nice to use before I apply my makeup as it's not too thick, oily or leaves behind a texture (some moisturizers "ball" up when I apply foundation on top) that messes badly with my foundation (Here's looking at you Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion!).

In the afternoons and even late into the evenings it can easily be 100-90 degrees, so when I come home and remove all my makeup and slap this bad boy on, it feels like absolute heaven. Instant relief. I've noticed that after using this for a few months, my skin doesn't have its usual dry patches (forehead and tops of my cheeks) like usual, my face isn't as red and flushed anymore either. I personally don't have large pores, so whether or not it creates the effect of making them appear smaller, I couldn't say. I don't break out from using this so yay!

Pros:
-Works beautifully under makeup
-Cooling = A++
-Super Hydrating
-Pretty packaging (I'm a sucker for frosted jars!)
-Relaxing smell
-No leftover texture
-Little product is needed

Cons:
-Can be quite pricey
-Short life (lasted almost 3 months for me - might be longer if you live in a cooler climate!)
-I've seen complaints of being too oily for those with oil/combo skin.



Rating: 8/10
It did it's job, help my skin tremendously especially with the new move to this crazy change in weather (made me always look forward to applying it!) and it didn't cause any breakouts. I loved how it gave me a slightly dewy effect when I applied it before my makeup and how moisturizing it was. I know that's quite a "duh" thing to say when talking about moisturizers, but I've had quite a few where it just felt like I smeared something on my face and never saw ANY results (coughcliniqueDDMLcoughgough). My real big complaint is that it's a tad bit expensive but if you can afford it, I would definitely say it's worth.

So, now that I'm out out of a HG moisturizer and a pretty close second, are there any others I should try out? I really want to get the Primary Raw’s DoYou Azulene Gel Cream but I think I want it because of the cool texture and bottle. Luckily it's sold out or I might seriously grab it asap. Did I mention that I was a sucker for packaging yet? Has anyone tried it? Worth? Gimmicky? 


Also, I do have a code for a $5 off your first purchase if you'd like to use it. I receive $5 off a purchase as well - so just a heads up. If you're uncomfortable with that, you don't need to use it and this post is not sponsored. Just to let you know :D


1 comment:

  1. Good to see this post and i will surely use it. Hope it will be good for my skin. Thanks for sharing. Best face serum

    ReplyDelete