Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: Hera UV Mist Cushion

As always, I'm so behind on a trend! I had gotten this cushion quite a while back from Glow Recipe when they had a sale with them and a special...colored edition cushion I believe? Well, I hadn't even gotten the chance to review this one until recently as cushions last a SERIOUSLY long time and I was in the process of using my Innisfree one up (I hate opening multiple cushions!). 


My poor smoke damaged baby...


Product Info:
Hera UV Mist Cushion SPF50+/PA+++
15g+15g (refill)

Where to get it:
I originally got mine at Glow Recipe but it seems that they do not carry this item anymore.
Peach & Lily: $45

Shades:
C21, C23, N21, N23

I originally thought the C and N stood for Cool and Neutral. Apparently they are rated by coverage, whereas N is natural and C is for those who want *more* coverage. 



Description:
Multi-sunblock foundation to express moist, lustrous skin with Mist + Foundation + Sunblock + Whitening + Cooling effects
Instant moisturizing + cooling effects with clay-mineral water. Expressing moist and bright skin with a thin, clear layer just like an artist's touch.
Blocking UV rays as well as preventing damage from oxidation and heat by the UV Shield Complex. Expressing the desired tone & various colors customized for different skin. 

Claims:
-Stand alone sunscreen
-Cooling
-Whitening
-Instant Moisture
-Evens out skin tone
-Various colors 

Ingredients:
Sea Silt Extract, Titanium Dixoide, Zinc Oxide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/dicaprate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Arbutin, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Acrylates/ethylhexyl Acrylate/dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates/stearyl Acrylate/dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Trisiloxane, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Hdi/trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Isostearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 80, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Edta, Ci77492, Ci77491, Ci77499, Fragrance

Scent:
Hera, for me, is known for their wonderful scents and this one does not disappoint. It's not a blatant, in your face kind of fragrance. Ohhhh no. It's an elegant, lingering (how you wish your perfume would perform!?) scent. It smells upscale and oh man oh man do I wish they sold the smell in candle form.

Packaging:
Due to a fire that I lost a lot of things (trigger warning) to, I don't have the packaging for this product anymore. The cushion itself had a bit of smoke damage to it, but fortunately everything inside was sealed and announced safe to use. Trust me, throwing away packaging is a very hard thing for me to do. It hurt to do so T__T






I tried to wash the cushion puff with an oil cleanser (I heard this was the best idea) and chose my Skin79 one. Funny story about this actually. I bought it, hated the living bejesus out of it and gave it to my mom (cruel, I know). She informed me it burned and left "cloudy things" in her eyes. I told her to toss it and didn't give it another thought at all. UNTIL...I found it in my luggage I packed when I moved to California. She kept it and stuffed it in my luggage to get rid of it! I tried getting some use out of it by using it on my brushes (it's...okay) and decided to use it on my puff. Lololololno. It stained it with foundation and it smelled like old lady perfume for quite a while. For the greater good, I sacrificed my Innisfree Oil cleanser and although it's stained, I can tell it's clean. Ugh.

Excuse my table, it's the same burnt one from my apartment :(



Swatch:
Forgive me but I am an idiot. I totally forgot to take a screenshot or save my 6:32am time stamped photo I took when I was slapping all this makeup on, but I do have the other photos I took at that time!

Gross hour of the AM:

Can you tell how badly I wanted to go to work?!



Lunch:

Inside with curtains closed
Inside with curtains and blinds open
Still dewy, not shiny!


Le PM:




FEAR MY SHINY FOREHEAD! FEAR IT

Results:
I work in a bakery where I'm decorating cakes, parfaits, cookies, and other stuff ALL day long. My station is literally right next to the oven so I'm chilling by 350 degrees all day long. It definitely takes a toll on my makeup for the day as you can see in the photos, but it didn't touch my foundation. I learned super fast which BB, CC or cushions I could use at work and which would last during the day, or melt off before my first break. This one lasted all morning, afternoon and well into the evening. I noticed around...4ish that I started to get shiny though. I know I could have applied more powder and it would have been perfect again but since I have dry skin, powder isn't something I carry around in my purse. Oh well~!

I've tried several ways to use this, Beauty Blender, Real Techniques sponge, as well as brushes. BUT. Nothing comes close to the damn puff that comes with it. Nothing. I can use the Beauty Blender to apply the foundation with ease, but nothing will make my pores invisible or make my face flawless like this puff. So, I recommend using it! Do it! 

One thing I've noticed about Asian cosmetics versus Western cosmetics is how *moisturizing* their foundations are. After using MUFE, L'Oreal, Smashbox, and others...I have to say there's nothing better than slapping on a BB cream (or cushion!) and my skin just sighing in happiness. My biggest complaint with MUFE is just how *dry* my skin feels with it on. I have to add some seriously thick moisturizers on if I wear that one! I know it mentions that it it's cooling and that's a main purchase point for some, but I have to admit I didn't notice any cooling effects. Apparently instead of purified water it uses....ahem: "The UV Mist Cushion uses 100% clay-mineral water containing clay from frozen sea ice which is finer than fog particles."
Sadly, that clay-mineral water didn't help chill my skin. Boo!

Although a point it makes is that it can be used as a stand alone sunscreen, I would never use a foundation, BB or CC cream alone without any form of regular sunscreen underneath.

It claims whitening properties and such...buuuuuut I moved to a super hot and almost constant sunny city so I've been wearing hats, sunscreen, and using umbrellas like mad. My color has definitely lightened but due to the above, I doubt it was from using this cushion.

Pros: 
-Provides excellent coverage that is buildable.
-Long lasting coverage
-Moisturizing
-Smells like heaven
-Comes with refill
-Product is long lasting (in terms of how little you need so it lasts a long time)
-Can be used with water, silicone, or oil based primers (YAY).

Cons:
-Hard to find (I believe Hera is creating a new version?)
-Can be shiny at the end of the day

Rating: 9/10 I've tried this for over a few months with different primers, moisturizers, and powders and I have to say, this does absolutely beautiful regardless of what I use with it. It doesn't fight me if I use Silicone, oil, or water based products....which is a GODSEND. I cannot tell you how many foundations I have to use with specific primers and concealers, even powders sometimes! How long lasting it is and how sdlfkjsdlfUNFFFF it smells? I cannot love this cushion enough. I'm so glad I've been savoring this and how extremely LONG lasting it is in general! I've been using this since JANUARY. JAN.U.ARY. And it's still got quite a bit left! If it seems like it's getting dry, I flip the cushion over and ta-da! Fresh and tons left. Again. I'm so excited to bust into that refill though. I would definitely repurchase. I understand it's a bit expensive of a cushion but it is definitely worth the price. This one has lasted the longest out of all the ones I own and have tried. It'd get a perfect rating except I'm not entirely sure if it's being discontinued or if Hera is reformulating and repackaging it? It's only available in Korea at most AP counters, Peach & Lily, or Amazon. W2Beauty has it listed as "Hera UV Cushion Nude," so it could most definitely have been reformulated T__T

No comments:

Post a Comment