Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Skin79 Smart Clear Deep Cleansing Oil


I'm a huge fan of Skin79's facial masks, bb creams and cleansers so when I saw this in the "damaged" section of Pretty&Cute I knew I just had to get it! Their damaged section applies to the box, which you can see in the photos. I never see an issue with saving a few dollars due to the package being a bit dinged! 

Product Info:
Skin79
Smart Clear Deep Cleansing Oil
150ml

Where to get it:
Gmarket: 13,600₩ (12.67)
Pretty& Cute: 18.00 (I got a "damaged" one on sale for $16.20)
Skin79: 18.00
MomoMango: 23.99
W2Beauty: 24.48





















Description:
"The special cleansing line completely purifies unnecessary wastes and harmful environmental factors with a formula containing an natural ingredients keeping skin balance. Cleansing oil that gently removes not only point makeup but dead skin cells, sebum all in one step for non-sticky, smooth, shining skin."

Claims:
Natural ingredients
Removes makeup
Leaves skin clean
Helps rid skin of excess sebum
For sensitive skin
Moisturizes

Ingredients:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-8 Isostearate, Alcohol Denat, Olive Husk Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water, Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit Extract, Fructan, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance 





















"Patented ingredient Levan Extract forms a moisturizing layer on the skin, and Meadowfoam Seed, and plant oils like Olive Oil supplies abundant nutrition for smooth, moist skin.
Eco Mild Complex and patented ingredient Maringa Seed Oil protects skin that may be irritated by cleansing, and calms skin that may become sensitive due to the harmful environment for healthy, vibrant skin."

Scent:
Honestly this has the worst scent out of any cleanser I've ever used. It smells...I hate to say it like this, but old lady perfume? It's bearable most definitely very strong. It also leaves a faint scent still on the skin after it's washed off.

Packaging:
I like the packaging actually! It's a light blue plastic bottle with a generic pump, but for some reason it always catches my attention out of my other oil cleansers (most likely due to it being blue. I love me some blue colors!). The pump almost sticks when you pump down, so it shoots out quite fast, so I have to be ready or else it'll go everywhere. Depending on the kind of makeup I'm wearing, I'll use anywhere from 2-4 pumps for the entire face. The cardboard boxes matches the same color scheme with light blue and white. The box, fortunately, is in a equal mix of Korean and English, so for those who cannot read Hangul? No fear!























Swatch: 
It feels a bit thicker than water but somehow still a bit lighter than regular Olive Oil. It rubs easily onto the skin and you can feel the makeup peeling off.  Although you're supposed to use this on dry skin and rise with warm water, one of the ladies at P&C informed me to use it on slightly damp skin and once I've rubbed it into the skin, get the fingertips a bit damp and massage it onto the face until the oil turns into more of an essence texture and then wash off (like most oil cleansers do). This seems to work a bit better for me rather than using it on dry skin.

Results:
This cleansing oil does a fairly decent job at removing basic face makeup, but for it being a point makeup remover I feel this falls incredibly short of what it should be. It doesn't remove mascara (I don't use waterproof often), eyeliner or dark bases very well sadly... It mostly smears them into panda circles around my eyes until I get another oil cleanser and gently remove with a q-tip,which kind of defeats its total purpose. I've found that somehow, no matter how tightly I close my eyes, that it still somehow gets into my eyes and it burns. A LOT. It also left me with temporary cloudy vision every time I used it, which was really irritating.
I don't feel my skin is perfectly clean afterwards either. It doesn't feel oily... but it feels like there's a layer of something still on my skin. I'm not entirely sure if this is supposed to leave a greasy feeling as this is how it moisturizes, but I am not a fan at all. I luckily do not have sensitive skin so am not easily affected by many things, so I cannot attest to how well this would work on easily irritated skin. Those with dry skin though? It's not drying at all but again, there's a feeling of not quite clean left behind after using this.

Some of my usual's















In the same order as above on clean skin











Added the oil













After rubbing it in for a few moments















Mascaras, concealer, TM liner and MAC liner haven't budged















After more rubbing and washing it off






















So, as you can see it removed my BB cream, Urban Decay pencil and my eyebrow pencil...which left 3 out of 8 is not great at all. As soon as I took another oil cleanser to my arm, the rest immediately came off which makes me super sad.

Pros:
-Gets rid of basic makeup
-Agreeable packaging

Cons:
-Expensive
-Does not remove eye makeup very well or at all.
-Skin never feels clean
-Need to use another cleanser afterwards
-Smells horrible
-Burns eyes and leaves cloudy vision
-The pump squirts out oil everywhere





















Rating: 2/10
The only reason it got 2 out of ten is because it was easily available to me. If I ordered this and was required to wait weeks it would have disappointed me greatly, especially for the price it's listed as. It doesn't do what I bought it for which requires me to use ANOTHER oil cleanser to remove my eye makeup and a foam cleanser to remove the nasty residue that's left on my face. So, basically I need another two cleansers to take place of this one. Nope. That does not cut it for me. I don't like how the pump will just squirt product all over the bottle and my counter if I'm not careful, or how it gets into my eyes regardless of how careful I am. I've used this several times and have tried to give it many chances, but it just does NOT cut it. The old lady fragrance is most definitely not helping it's cause either.  I will definitely not repurchase.

1 comment:

  1. Temsunol D Tablet is a blend of two drugs: Tamsulosin and Dutasteride, which diminishes the manifestations of kind prostatic hyperplasia. Tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker. It works by loosening up the muscle around the bladder exit and prostate organ to permit a simple section of pee.

    ReplyDelete