Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: Skin79 Lemon Brightening Mask


Every time I go into Pretty&Cute it seems they are expanding their Skin79 line, which makes me super happy as I love their wash off, "Home Self Spa Masks." Now, when I'm there I always check out their "Clearance" section isn't the same as on their site. This area seems to be for products that have damaged packaging, or at least that's what it looks like to me. I love it as there's always something for a few dollars less for a dent in the box. Does that affect the actual product? NO. I LOVE IT. So, I bought this one at $13.50, which is only $1.50 less, but still! It's always a good idea to check the clearance or damaged sections in your stores!


Product Info:
Skin79
Lemon Brightening Mask
75ml

Where to get it:
Pretty&Cute: 15.00
Skin79: 15.00
MomoMango: 15.99



Description:
The mask is effective to such skin as needing management of brightness with Lemon Extract helping dark complexion radiant and bright. Moisturizing ingredients are lightly and softly absorbed in sin without irritation. The Hyaluronic Acid and Phyto Active Complex keeps your dry skin clear and healthy by supplying soothing and moisturizing effect.

Claims:
-Brightens
-Moisturizes
-Soothing Skin
-Softening Skin

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Dipropylene glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene glycol, Glycereth-26, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Polysorbate 80, PVP, Dimethicone, Bentonite, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrlyic Acid Copolymer, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sorbitan Laurate, Caprica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Polyacrylate-13, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chlorphenesin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Polyisobutene, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Fragrance, Benzophenone-5, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, CI 19140





















Now there are a couple of things that raise flags as soon as you see the list. First off is Cetearyl Alcohol which raises flags as both an irritant and possible cause for acne. I know quite a few people who swear off any kind of alcohol or Cetearyl Alcohol's in their cosmetics, so if you're one of them, fair warning!

Scent:
The scent is one of the best parts to this mask as it smells like lemony freshness.  It kind of reminds me of the clean lemon scent you get after scrubbing your kitchen, but then also reminds me of lemon pie. The scent lasts through having the mask on, but fades to a very gentle lemon scent

Packaging:
I absolutely love the packaging that Skin79 does for their wash off masks! After owning a couple I still enjoy the fact that the inside of the box is usually the color associated with the mask. The Cooling Mask box and gel is blue, this one has a yellow box and gel, the rose is red, and olive is green. You get what I mean? It's just a nice quirk and I like it! The jar is their standard frosted glass with a white plastic twist off cap. The mask comes with a nice wide plastic scoop which I appreciate as I'm not digging my fingers in product every time!
The box also has instructions on the inside written in Korean, English, Chinese and Japanese. So, they've definitely got quite a few bases covered.






























Swatch:
I keep calling it a gel, which it *is* but it's also very thick! Like pudding... I think the smell and consistency just make me hungry! It never completely dries out, just kind of firms up so beware if you're wearing a nice shirt or brush up against fabric. I also forgot to take a "After" photo. UGH

WAY TOO MUCH




















Results:
I rather like this stuff actually. When I first apply it after washing my face, it feels like a breath of fresh air on my skin. It then slightly turns colder and feels like I have a fan on my face the entire time I'm wearing it. I've seen reviews of people who state that they feel a burning or stinging sensation, but I haven't had that experience except for one time when I was sick and my nose was rubbed raw. But, that was just stupid in general to be trying to put anything on it. My poor nose.

Anyways! I do feel like my skin does have a brighter complexion after wearing it and it does feel softer and smoother (of course, that'd be the Hyaluronic acid working by attracting and binding the water in your skin!). Skin79 always does amazingly well at bringing out moisturizing masks. Now, I've been through almost half of the jar and haven't noticed any negative reactions or break outs, so that's a plus. I have also noticed that it's helping in the fight against my red chicken pox scars, or my acne scars in general. Now, if I stopped using this for a few days would they still be as light or is this temporary? I'm not entirely sure. But, I also think it does a good job at moisturizing and keeping my skin soft, and adding a slight glow for the day. Plus, it smells amazing and does a great job for the price and amount of product you get :)


Pros:
-Moisturizes
-Adds a soft glow to the skin
-Keeps skin soft and plump
-Smells wonderful
-Price is nice for amount of product
-Helps reduce the redness of acne

Cons:
-Has been complaints of burning sensations (I haven't experienced this)
-Long lasting effects? Doubtful





















Rating: 7/10
I do feel a lot better after using this mask as I do feel results the results are visible after washing it off. My entire face has a nice subtle glow, my scars are a bit toned down and I smell like pudding the entire time. It's a good mask for the temporary effects you get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment