Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: Skin79 SeaWeed Cooling Mask

Now, I'm usually pulled into buying a product for the amazing ingredients, the need for it, or even an awesome SA doing their job. Well...this one just looked nifty. Yup. I said it. I bought this and the Rose mask because they looked cool. This one as it's a bright blue see-through gel, and the rose because it had petals inside it...childish? Perhaps. It's been a few months since I've purchased them and can now finally give an in depth review on the Seaweed mask.

Product Info:
Skin79
SeaWeed Cooling Mask
75ml

















Where to get it:
Skin79: 14.00
Pretty&Cute: 14.00
YesStyle: 15.00
KoreaDepart: 15.23

Excuse the bad lighting!

















Description: 
This moisture supplying mask full of as cool moisture as it was dipped from the ocean, is for those who have brittle, sensitive and thin skin. With Fucus Vesiculous Extract and Allantoin in addition to Aloe Extract, which is prominent in skin soothing effect, this gel type content promptly has soothing effect on skin as well as maintains the skin healthy by providing moisture.

















Claims:
-Moisturizes
-Cooling effect
-Soothes skin

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Bladderwrack (Fucus Vesiculosus) Extract, Panthenol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Allantoin, Hydroxycellulose, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzophenone-5, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, CI 42090, CI 15985

Ooh! A QR code!






















This mask does have aloe in it, so I can see how it might help sooth the skin and serve as an anti-inflammatory, but it's not exactly at the very top of the list. That makes me quite sad as aloe has been noted to do some amazing things to and for the skin. It should be noted that the aloe is in a juice form, which isn't necessarily bad, but some of the properties that aloe is most known for can be lost during the pasteurization process. Now, you might be wondering where exactly is the seaweed that this product is named after? Well, that would be the Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, which is a type of seaweed that can be found all over the world. It might be good to mention that this plant has a HIGH iodine content inside of it, now I'm not sure if that is filtered or damaged during the process of making this mask, but it is something to note if you are very sensitive and/or have an allergy. On the other hand, Bladderwrack (a common name) is known for it's nourishing and soothing properties!

There are two things in this list though to be weary of in this list as they are known irritants. Those would be: Alcohol Denat (Denatured Alcohol) and Triethanolamine. Alcohol Denat scored a 3/5 as an irritant and Triethanolamine hit a 2/5 for acne and 4/5 under irritants. Now, this mask is only left on for 10-15 minutes depending on your personal use, so the effects of these two may not happen at all. Just a heads up in case you have problems or have had problems with them in the past.

















Scent:
Ohhh the scent! I absolutely love the smell of this gel. It does smell ocean-like. Like a candle or lotion? I can't place the smell at all, but it does smell wonderful and lasts the entire time it's on the face. I've never noticed the smell lingering after it's been washed off though. It does have added fragrance though which kind of reminds me of Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gioia, most likely due to the fragrance being an aquatic one. Underlying though, you can kind of smell something fake or plasticy, but it's only when the jar is first opened.

Packaging:
I do enjoy both the box as well as the jar it comes in as the both look very clean and elegant. The box is plain white with either blue (usually the seaweed cooling mask part) or black font. EVERY side of this box has something on it, even the inside! The inside is a lovely shade of blue (Ocean-y themed out yet?) with Skin79 written in white all over. There's a cardboard pull out that reveals instructions for the product in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Nifty!
I am kind of jealous about the fact that the Korean side of the box definitely goes more in depth about the product than English. For instance, it mentions the main ingredients being: Seaweed Extract 1.0%, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Triethanolamine, Blue 1 and Yellow 5.
Hmm. Kind of interesting choice of ingredients for a product marketed towards those with "sensitive skin."

The jar itself has a white plastic twist top which has a silver plastic seal on it with "No return after opening" written in Hangul on it. Fair enough, you know? I really like design that went into the jar though. It's a frosty, thick glass that really displays the clear blue product very nicely. Definitely gives it a ocean feeling. It displays the name in front with a description and directions on the back.





"No return after opening"



















Swatch: 
The mask itself is a very thick gel that never really dries out, even after the allotted time of 10-15 minutes. I use the little plastic spatula that it comes with just for hygienic purposes, well...as hygienic as you can be anyways, but I only fill it half way. I've found out that when I get a spoon full that it is definitely WAY too much product and I kind of tap some product on the side until it falls back into the jar.



















Results: 
I'm not entirely sure if it's really moisturizing as I really haven't noticed any thing amazing after using it. What I have noticed is how amazing it feels during the warm evenings or when my face feels all puffy and swollen from whatever reason. I put my mask in the fridge to help boost the cooling effects and man oh man does that work. It's like an instant relief to help combat the insane heat (I visit Southern California frequently where it's an average of 80-90 °F, or 26-32 °C during the day). I can almost feel my face deflating back to it's original shape. I've also used it after a good night of crying, where I've slathered it on as a night mask and woken up looking perfectly fine. Another good thing is that you really only need the smallest amount to cover the face nicely!

Pros:
-Soothing
-Calms skin
-Results seen quickly
-Small amount needed
-Lovely packaging
-Relaxing scent

Cons:
-Not really moisturizing






















Rating: 6/10
I really do like how it can help calm my skin down when it's disgustingly hot outside, or when I've been upset all night, but I really can't see any moisturizing effects which is the main thing this mask is marketing for! If anything, my skin feels tight and squeaky clean afterwards which I really don't like. So to combat this I just add a moisturizer afterwards. I mean, it'd be nice if I didn't have to add in another step when this mask is supposed to have some moisturizing effects in it, but oh well. I've been using this for a few months and it doesn't seem like I've even made a dent in it, which is nice. I really don't think I'd repurchase unless I commit to a move to California, or visit another humid, hot country. For those who do live with the heat constantly, it might be a nice cooling gel to enjoy. Until then, I'll continue to use it to combat the heat or if I really need moisture, I'll use their Rose mask instead.


**Translation**

This moisture supplying mask full of as cool moisture as it was dipped from the ocean, is fit for those who have brittle, sensitive and thin skin.
A leave-on face mask enriched with aloe extract, allantoin and mineral rich fucus vesiculous. Gel-type formula calms and soothes, effectively hydrating skin and reducing skin irritations for a dramatic improvement in skin health.

How to use: 
After cleansing skin, apply an even layer of gel mask, avoiding the eyes and lip area. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and wash off. Recommended for dry and sensitive skin types.

Active Ingredients:
Seaweed extract 1.0%, methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, triethanolamine, blue 1, yellow 5 

Size: 75ml


|Share| ISO9001 certified company 565 Dohwa-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul

Instructions for use
If you have any symptoms described below when using this product, stop using the product.
If you keep using it, symptoms may get worse; therefore, consult with dermatologist.
1) If red blotch, skin irritation, and stimulation occur.
2) If applied spots have any symptoms mentioned above and are exposed to direct sunlight.
Do not use on spots with injury, eczema, or dermatitis.
Instructions for storage and handling
1) Close the cap after use.
2) Keep out of reach of infants and children.
3) Do not store in a place with high and low temperature and direct sunlight.
4) Do not use the product in a shaky place.
5) If it contacts with eyes, rinse with running water immediately.
Standard of quality assurance: If any defects of product found, we may compensate based on "Standard of consumer dispute resolution" notified by Fair Trade Commission.
Customer Service: 1544-2230


Part Contractor |Share| 17-12, Daegum-ro 196beon-gil, Daeso-myeon, Eumseongun, Chuncheongbuk-do Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment