Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Review: Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream


So, I'd like to apologize in advance as I really need a better camera than this one to take photos of some of the products I purchase. My camera really hates metallic surfaces and so the photos don't show up as well as they should. Also, I do have tattoos and that gets in the way of swatches! I tried to show some photos I'd taken recently with me wearing the BB cream, but they're pretty much awkward selfies...So...yeah.
Bear with me please!

Product Info:
Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream
50 ml

















Where to get it:
RoseRoseShop: 9.00
W2Beauty: 14.24
Mizon: ₩18,000 (About 16-17 USD)
Pretty&Cute: 20.00
KoreaDepart: 24.24

Description: 
Multi-functional, tinted cream contains 45% of snail extract that provides a silky elastic texture.  (Certified for whitening, wrinkle care & UV protection by KFDA) Containing of snail secretion 45%, it's a high performance BB cream which protects damaged skin by various problems and helps its quick recovery. It also helps correct skin tone and cover imperfections.

















Claims:
-Whitening
-Anti-Aging
-Moisturizing
-Nourishing
-Tightens Pores
-Coverage is long lasting
-Reduces Blemishes
-Increases Collagen
-Decreases Scars
(Whew!)

Ingredients:
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Arbutine, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol, Methoxypheryl Triazine, Sodiumchloride, Ozokente, Cyclopentasiloxane, Triethyl Citrate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycosiltrehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrosylate, Calcium Stearate, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Zinc Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Alumina, Sorbitan Sesquiolate, Aluminum Stearate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Beta-Glucan, Adenosine, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ubiquinone, Diisopropyl Adipate, Glycerin, Amica Montana flower extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Ethanol, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Cornusofficinalis Fruit Extract, 1,2-Octanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tropolone, DisodiumEDTA, Fragrance, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499















Tried with camera phone...no luck either.


















Scent:
It has a wonderful fragrance that reminds me of "Secret Wish" by Anna Sui. I mean, as an huge fan of her scents it's an exact dupe to me, so I absolutely love wearing this. I had my friend smell this BB cream to make sure I wasn't hallucinating the fragrance, and she agreed that it smelled exactly the same. The scent lasts a very long time on my skin (I enjoy that) so if you find strong scents irritating or give you headaches, stay away! Just if anyone was curious what the smell/notes are like here's a list of Secret Wish so you can have an idea of what this cream smells like: Lemon, Tagete, Melon, Black Currant, Pineapple, White Cedarwood, Amber, Skin Musk. It just smells like heaven to me~

Packaging:
The packaging is definitely different from the normal cute, bright packaging that most BB creams have. It's in a metallic redish/orange/brownish (?) box with instructions and ingredients in both English and Korean. It has a Mizon sticker sealing the top, which I really appreciate. The tube itself is a squeeze tube which I really dislike. The product comes out slowly, which is nice....but if you place it on the flat lid like you're supposed to, product can leak out into the lid and leaves a small mess when you go to use it. The tube is a dark brown color with white writing on it, nothing fancy which is nice. It's just straight to the point letting you know how to use it, how much is in the bottle, and active ingredients.


























Swatch: 
The coverage is awesome and I like the dewy finish it gives me, especially since I have dry skin. BUT! My friend who has oily skin uses it and for some reason, she gets a matte finish. So strange. Most BB creams are very pale and usually have a couple of shades to help a wide range of tones of people, but this one has one, and only one shade. I'm about a NC15 and this matches me perfectly. It doesn't seem to oxidize like BB creams are known for; It just blends wonderfully into my skin unlike the the photos! They always seem to show BB creams as looking SO yellow on me T___T

























Results: 
I've only used a single tub so far and am on my second, but I have noticed a decrease in my acne scaring I have on the side of my cheeks and my chicken pox scars I have on my jaw and throat (I blend that far down...). I don't really break out anymore after I hit 17, so I can't comment on the blemish fighting properties. I mean I get the usual hormonal breakouts, but it's only a few and they last for a day or two. I really only have smile lines so, I cannot comment on the increasing of collagen it talks about.
I can however comment on the amazing long lasting coverage. I usually get up around 7:30-8am and when I get home after work at about 8:30-9, it's still flawless. Most BB creams I use I have to apply some powder under the eyes to keep from creasing, or spray a mist to keep it from drying. This cream requires no touch ups with me! I can comment on the coverage as well; I'd say it's about medium and can be built to a full coverage without caking. I just got my second tube when I was in the middle of a bad cold, so my nose and cheeks were all red from irritation, as well as dry from all the sneezing and wiping with tissues. This not only covered the redness but my nose and cheeks felt so much better after wearing this, like an awesome moisturizer. It also helped tone down the redness A LOT and seemed to help the dryness around my nose. I'm not saying skip the moisturizer! Most definitely not. I'm just saying it does moisturize very well on it's own, so on the days I've forgotten or missed some spots, whatever the reason be...I'm not too worried.
I also like how it's not horribly expensive or hard to find. I got mine from the RoseRoseShop for 9 bucks which isn't bad at all! I mean, BB creams that I bought in Seoul racked up faster in price than this one and the shipping wasn't bad either. I ordered my second tube during the holiday season, which was stupid on my part so customs was a bit behind in general, but it took about two weeks to get to me.

Pros:
-Moisturizes
-Helps heal dry skin
-Long lasting both in wear and the bottle itself
-Great coverage
-Decreases scars (with usage)
-Nourishing
-Easy to find
-Wonderful scent

Cons:
-None

















Rating: 10/10
I most definitely replaced my previous HG BB cream (TonyMoly's Goddess Aura) with this one as this one did so many wonderful things for me. I like how I don't need a primer to keep it on all day as well as fresh looking. It gives me a wonderful glow which helped me stop using a ridiculous amount of shimmer bricks or whichever highlighter I find is closest to me!
If you have the chance to try it out, please do so as this is a purchase I definitely don't regret and will repurchase (again!) when I run out of this tube. The previous tube took me about 4-5 months to use and I wear cosmetics 4-5 days of the week :)

2 comments:

  1. would like you to show a tea spoon sized sample of what it looks like out of the tube....I am interested in the color, the clearness or opaqueness of it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. smear some on glass and hold it up to a light and take the picture...that way we can see the density and matteness or shine.

    ReplyDelete